Assistant Office Manager
North Brunswick, NJ
- High School diploma or higher preferable; previous dental office management preferable; a working knowledge of dental front desk duties and responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as an office facilitator for all personnel by acting as liaison between office and Corporate and provides positive leadership. Supervises all treatment support systems and patient flow sequencing. Evaluates work performance of subordinates and mentors, counsels and provides discipline when necessary.
- Performs functions of Front Desk Supervisor, Specialty/Financial Coordinator and Receptionist as required
- Regulates personnel scheduling of personal days, vacations, etc.
- Monitors and maintains time clock
- Monitors payments; responsible for petty cash and bank deposits
- Maintains collection controls and systems
- Coordinates staff meetings times and agenda
- Maintains control of patient scheduling
- Assists with timely personnel performance standards reviews with all parties involved
- Oversees daily closeout functions as well as daily deposit with the Corporate office
- Coordinates end-of-month functions with the Corporate office
- Monitors patient A/R
- Has working knowledge of all insurances; handling of claims, attachments for claims
- Addresses and resolves patient complaints
- Completes new employees packets in a timely manner and forwards it to HR Department
- Documents staff absences and tardiness
- Ensures that necessary reports are forwarded to Corporate in a timely manner
- Enforces Policies and Procedures in office and communicates any changes in same to staff
- Coordinates staffing needs, recruiting, interviewing, hiring and termination in consultation with HR Department
- Reviews patient charts making corrections with posting if needed
- Generally oversee all systems and functions performed in the operation of the office
- Takes on the responsibility of the Treatment Plan Coordinator in some offices
- Contacts maintenance for all office equipment in need of repair for optimum function
- Assists the Office Manager with the interview process of candidates
- Modification of pre-determination when received
- Provides inspiring leadership to staff members
- Is a loyal foundation from which the practice can succeed and strive to build long-term patient relationships
- Assists Office Manager when necessary performing other assigned duties
- Shares maintenance duties when and where able
- Logs-off computer at end of day
Office Management Controls
- Receives general supervision from the Office Manager, Corporate Regional Administrators, Dental Director and Corporate, who provide guidance and counseling for unusual problems, emergencies or new situations. The Assistant Office Manager performs work independently and supervises office personnel.
- The functions of the Assistant Office Manager will affect all the staff members, Providers, patients, and other individuals contacting the office. The Assistant Office Manager plays a dominant role in establishing optimal working conditions, productivity and patient satisfaction.
- Requires some flexibility in scheduling, such as the ability to work evenings and weekends.