Job Title: Orthodontic Lab Manager
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
· Degree in Business Management or equivalent work experience.
· 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing Supervisory/Management position.
· An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Understanding of ERP system and Microsoft Office products; strong computer skills with proficiency with Excel is required.
· Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
· Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines.
· Strong knowledge of the manufacturing techniques for orthodontic devices.
· Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English; Spanish a plus
· Excellent attention to detail.
· A strong leader with the ability to provide direction for workers at all levels.
· Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time depending upon task being performed.
Competency Requirements & Duties
· Supervise production employees while providing overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the lab.
· Ability to direct the day-to-day lab operations of the company while managing the image and vision of the company.
· Oversee manufacturing in accordance with short- and long-term strategic planning.
· Ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
· Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with Management interdepartmentally.
· Safety Manager overseeing all production areas.
· Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas.
· Plan and assign work while implementing and enforcing policies and procedures.
· Make recommendations on improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions to improve quality and safety.
· Effectively monitor and manage manufacturing while allocating in an efficient manner the company’s resources including the assignment of trained personnel for production and quality assessment activities.
· Ensure the quality policy is understood, implemented and maintained for production personnel at all levels.
· Responsible for finished goods in all departments to ensure that a quality product is shipped.
· Expedite orders based on input from Customer Service for an on-time delivery to customers.
· Safeguard and protect confidentiality of company and patient information as defined by the company’s Confidentiality Agreement.
· Follow all safety requirements, as applicable.
· Understand and use personal protective equipment where required.