POSITION TYPE: Dental Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Dental Technician Removables department /Set-up and finisher
LOCATION: Timonium, MD
Pay: $20.00 – $35.00 hr
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
Maintains and improves patients’ oral health by fabricating fixed and removable prostheses according to dentist prescriptions. Adheres to company standards and procedures.
Attention to detail, hard work, and the artistic talent of our team allow our products to stand out among our competitors.
· Replaces partial or total loss of natural teeth by constructing partial or full dentures (metal and non-metal)
· Corrects dental irregularities by manufacturing fixed or removable appliances.
· Completes implantology procedures by fabricating prostheses to fit implants the dentist places directly into the patient’s jawbone.
· Constructs prostheses by following the dentist’s prescription; making models of the mouth and teeth from impressions of the patient’s mouth taken by the dentist; building-up wax replicas of part or all of the mouth and/or teeth on the model; encasing the wax in a mold material and melting away the wax; replacing the wax with plastic, metal, or ceramic materials to make the replacement appliance; polishing and finishing the appliance prior to its being placed in the patient’s mouth by the dentist.
· Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
· Utilizes and conserves supplies and equipment by completing plaster casting, electro-spot welding, metal casting, metal polishing, wax modeling, ceramics, wire bending, electroplating, and sandblasting; using CAD/CAM units; maintaining supplies inventories; keeping equipment operating.
· Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes, implementing changes.
· Updates dental laboratory technician job knowledge and skills by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Serve as a critical team member, interact with others, and communicate defects to supervisor and other team members in an unambiguous manner. Act as team leader on occasion.
· Utilize equipment safely, practice a conservative approach with materials, and do not be wasteful
· Enhances dental laboratory reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Keep internal and external remakes below 3%, review remakes, when necessary, make appropriate changes in procedures to improve in order to meet the quality standards.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The incumbent must be extremely knowledgeable in laboratory production and procedures and working knowledge of removable appliance procedures in order to properly meet objectives.
· Minimum five to seven years experience in a full-time Removable Technician position is required
· Complete relines, repairs, and rebases using acrylic
· Ability to technically communicate with our doctors in a prompt and articulate manner is essential
· Must be able to multi-task and adapt to a growing, changing, and fast-paced environment
· Computer experience is preferred, we will train you on our computer programs
· Must be a team player, willing to contribute where needed with a great attitude
Working under broadly defined objectives, the incumbent is confronted with varied situations requiring strong evaluative, interpretive, creative, negotiating, and interpersonal skills. The ability to identify, analyze, interpret, and react to changing demand and business trends is critical in order to ensure optimal results and customer satisfaction. Effective utilization of time, cost center budget, and people resources is essential to maximize productivity gains in the department. Establishing employee reasonable and appropriate performance objectives is necessary to ensure accomplishment of the incumbent’s objectives and responsibility in the assigned department.