- Location: Timonium, MD
The General Manager will be integral to continuing to develop and maintain our high standards of operational excellence.
The General Manager will be responsible for directing and managing all Dental Group activities and performance. The GM will lead all departments including Finance & Accounting, Human Resources & Administration, Supply Chain, Commercial activities, Manufacturing, and Engineering. The successful candidate must combine an entrepreneurial drive with the ability to embrace and promote a process-driven, total-quality, results-oriented culture with the organization and must be a relentless advocate for the customer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Full P&L responsibility and accountability. Accountable for realizing success in financial performance, budget, and P&L goals, as well as preparing and presenting necessary performance data to the leadership team.
- Develop and execute the division strategy, manage plans and policies, and lead day-to-day business activities.
- With the support of the leadership team, develop and execute annual growth plans that meet and exceed expectations.
- Meet with customers and potential customers to develop relationships and instill customer confidence.
- Lead and motivate the team and take responsibility and accountability to exceed business metrics.
- Track key performance indicators and exceed the goals associated with those metrics.
- Lead all company departments and coordinate activities between them.
- Ensure successful talent strategies are executed: Hire, train, evaluate, and discharge staff, and resolve personnel grievances.
- Work with the leadership team and peers to build and strengthen our culture.
- Engage in and aid due diligence and integration processes.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
- Proven, successful track record of leadership in a dental lab setting.
- Strong preference for someone with knowledge of implants and a digital orientation.
- 10+ years of manufacturing operating experience, including at least 5 years as a Plant Manager, General Manager, or Site Director with demonstrated experience scaling a manufacturing facility, demonstrated execution on SQDCP (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, People).
- Proven ability to build a high-performing cross-functional team to deliver topline growth and margin expansion.
- Strong organizational aptitude.
- Proficient in lean manufacturing methods and tools and demonstrated application capabilities.
- Track record of building high-performance teams and creating a continuous improvement culture.
- Previous acquisition and integration would be a plus.
- Demonstrated success in creating multi-year strategic plans as well as agility to execute tactically.
- Results-oriented, with a very strong drive, work ethic, and commitment to excellence.
- Ability to motivate, inspire and engage others in a way that helps them drive success in themselves and others.
- Ability to develop and articulate strategy.
- Outstanding analytical skills, a high degree of intellectual curiosity, and the ability to engage with senior leaders in addressing complex business issues.
- Strong communication, presentation, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- An outgoing and humble personal style – comfortable extending oneself to others at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to earn the trust and confidence of customers, peers, partners, and employees.
- A track record of transparency and prompt communication with all stakeholders.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced dynamic environment.