POSITION TYPE: Dental Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Cad Cam Technician II
LOCATION: Irwin, Pennsylvania
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
Our team is growing, and we are hiring a number of key positions within our organization including this Digital Dental Technician opportunity.
Are you a Dental Assistant seeking to expand your skill-set outside of the clinical setting? We encourage you to apply! We believe you could bring valuable insight and establish a rewarding career in the dental lab community.
Hourly pay is negotiable and will be determined by skills, knowledge, abilities, and experience.
The regular hours for this position are from 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, and subject to change from time to time.
This is a full-time position featuring employee benefits including: health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; paid holiday, vacation, and sick time; 401K; and tuition reimbursement!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions of the Position:
- Accurately translate information from a printed Magic Touch work order to a 3Shape work order for case design
- Import the correct scans associated with the work order
- Review and assign the correct digital systems to the 3Shape work order based on an understanding of the doctors end goal for the restoration
- Accurately indicate the margins for received digital scans
- Review the occlusal relationship between the arches and distance from and preps to opposing
- Assign an overall rating to the scan for analysis purposes
- Communicate any case problems to the doctor and work towards a solution
- Perform all standard Margin Marker functions if there are no cases of this type to be processed
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to communicate professionally and constructively with clients
- Good organizational and technical comprehension
- Ability to adapt to company employed software such as Magic Touch and 3Shape
- Strong ability to focus and handle a repetitive process without losing attention to detail
- Is flexible and able to work as part of a team
- Basic understanding of how to operate a computer and use a digital file system
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- CAD Experience preferred
Hazardous Materials or Equipment Used:
- Exposure to all materials utilized by production and maintenance in the laboratory.