POSITION TYPE: Dental – Clinical
SPECIALTY UNIT: Orthodontic Dental Assistant – Clinical
LOCATION: Indianapolis, IN (South Indy)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
We are looking to hire an experienced orthodontic dental assistant to assist the orthodontist with initial patient consults and regular check-ups. The orthodontic dental assistant’s responsibilities include taking directions from the orthodontist, cleaning and polishing patients’ teeth before the installation of braces and removing patients’ braces upon completion of orthodontic treatments. You should also ensure that the necessary orthodontic instruments and tools are on hand during patient appointments.
As orthodontic clinician, you will be responsible for coordinating, integrating and representing all facets of patient chair side services, as well as care of the clinical areas. Meet and greet patients, make them feel warm and welcome, and assist doctor in all areas of patient care.
· Maintaining accurate records of patients’ oral health histories and treatment progress.
· Ensuring that all orthodontic instruments and equipment are properly sterilized before each use.
· Keeping patients’ mouths dry during orthodontic procedures by using a suction hose as needed.
· Taking intraoral X-rays of patients’ mouths.
· Taking photographs of patients’ teeth to aid the Orthodontist in developing treatment plans and to document patient progress.
· Educating patients on proper oral hygiene practices and braces aftercare.
· Competitive salary
· Direct Deposit
· Comprehensive Health and Dental benefits
· And much more!
· High school Diploma or equivalent.
· One (1) year of Dental experience.
· X-ray Certification required.
· CPR certification preferred.
· Sound knowledge of various orthodontic procedures and practices.
· Good manual dexterity.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Effective communication skills.