POSITION TYPE: Dental Lab – Ortho
SPECIALTY UNIT: Dental Technician
LOCATION: Cumming, GA
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
PAY: 20-21.00 per hour
Summary of Position:
If you are someone with great attention to detail who likes working with computers and has good manual dexterity, we are looking for you. Any dental experience or 3D printer experience is a plus. Digital dentistry is the future – you can be part of it now!
To fabricate dental prosthetic appliances from customer prescription forms and to repair such devices per customer orders. Dental prosthetic appliances consist primarily of full and partial dentures, crowns, bridges, full and partial cast partials, and assorted orthodontia devices (splints, veneers, etc.).
- Job consists of 3D Diagnostics, Model Scanning and Impression pouring.
- Plan the appropriate setup and operation of various laboratory tools and ensure proper quantities of raw material inventory is on hand for fabrication of appliances.
- Read prescription forms or specifications from customers and examine dental models or impressions from customers to determine the design of the appliance to be fabricated.
- Scan appliance into lab management database which tracks technician’s work performed and amount of time spent fabricating each appliance.
- Create a model of the customer’s patient’s mouth by pouring plaster into the dental model or impression allowing plaster to set.
- Fabricate, alter, or repair the specified appliance according to customer’s instructions on the prescription form.
- Test appliance for conformance to specifications and accuracy of occlusion, using articulators and micro-meters.
- Place appliance on apparatus that mimics bite and movement of patient’s jaw to evaluate functionality of appliance.
- Scan appliance into lab management database upon completion of designated fabrication tasks assigned to technician and place appliance in designated area for the next step in the fabrication process.
- Maintain a neat and clean workspace to prevent workplace damage and minimize potential for injury.
- Competitive salary
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- Paid time off for full time employees
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Dental Technician experience preferred.
- Requires manual dexterity, strong attention to detail and good spatial and visual perception.
- Willingness to follow safety rules when operating hand tools.