POSITION TYPE: Dental – Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: CAD-CAM Technician I
location: Clearwater, FL
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
This is a full-time position featuring employee benefits including: health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; paid holiday, vacation, and sick time; 401K with company contribution; and tuition reimbursement!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions of the Position:
- Read prescriptions, examine materials in the pan, and make sure the case is scheduled accurately according to the prescription.
- Train to scan and design Crown and Bridge cases to create 3D virtual models utilizing 3-Shape technology with the goal of meeting the production standard of 18 scans per hour operating 2 scanners.
- Scan crown & bridge cases and import I.O.S. Scans.
- Enter patient information and scan stone models to create 3D virtual model.
- It is the dental technician’s job to ensure all steps are followed, in order, to ensure consistent, accurate scanning results.
- Enter every case with the proper material and tooth number.
- Load information into the computer – patient name, pan number, type of crown, and shade to create a file for the design or print process.
- Check all cases so that dies are down, and cutting tools are used to cut off model scans correctly.
- Verify the scan is correct and that materials have been entered incorrectly.
- Adjust settings accordingly to product types.
- Calibrate scanners appropriately.
- Wand case batches are completed every hour on the hour according to the documented procedure.
- Sinter dental restorations in sintering ovens, and put away.
- Keep cases organized so that everyone on the milling projects can work as a team
- It is the dental technician’s job to ensure all steps are followed, in order, to ensure consistent, accurate results.
- Maintain machines weekly and make software updates as they become available
- Trim copings and de-spru copings with a hand-piece
- Train to provide backup Milling Nesting duties as follows:
- Place dental parts into CAM software to generate code for CNC machines.
- Operate CNC machinery to fabricate dental restorations.
- Load Mill correctly to efficiently mill.
- Follow milling procedures to cut out, wash, dry, stain, and dry dental restorations.
- Order supplies for the department as needed.
- Cleans individual work area in department per schedule.
- Support supervisor and lab president in creating a positive atmosphere within the department
- Wear proper PPE when performing work tasks that require them and follow safety guidelines as stated in DSG safety policy.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Clean work area in department per schedule
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of tooth anatomy.
- Ability to articulate according to Rx
- Identify margins through Impressions
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Strong ability to read, listen, comprehend, retain and execute written and verbal instructions
- High level of organizational skill with the ability to prioritize work
- Strong spatial ability, good eye-hand coordination, excellent perception skills, and superior attention to detail.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Logical, analytical thinker with the ability to process information and formulate decisions.
- Dependable and reliable; willing to take on needed duties to fulfill the goals of this operation and take responsibility for actions.
- Able to coordinate and handle a variety of different assignments.
- Flexible and open to frequent change, supporting the efforts of the organization.
- Technical Knowledge
- Knowledge of dental terminology and oral anatomy
- Ability to complete essential job functions required at a level that meets the standards for an experienced dental technician
- Interpersonal/Communication/Teamwork Skills
- Takes a proactive approach to situations
- Educate and motivate others within the department
- Accepts and offers feedback in a tactful manner
- Ability to use surrounding resources if questions arise
- Assist with supporting open communication within the organization
- Decision making skills
- Prioritize workload so that cases run efficiently through department
- Handle last minute rush cases properly as needed
- Takes steps to resolve an issue or problem