POSITION TYPE: Dentistry
SPECIALTY UNIT: General Dentist
LOCATION: Madison, WI
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and experienced dentist to join our growing team. In this position, you will be responsible for the oral health of your patients. You will perform procedures to diagnose and treat cavities, cracked or fractured teeth, and oral diseases. You will also administer medications and anesthetics for tooth extractions, root canals, and other surgical procedures.
- Educate patients on good oral hygiene habits
- Prescribe antibiotics and pain-relieving medications
- Provide patient care for cracked or fractured teeth
- Perform procedures to treat decay and cavities
- Prepare and place fillings
- Examine patients for dental and jaw diagnoses
- Create models for dental appliances
- Interpret x-rays and diagnostic tests
- Sedate patients and administer anesthetics
- Perform tooth extractions and root canals
- Diagnose and treat oral diseases
- Create detailed treatment plans for patients
- Perform surgical procedures on teeth, bone, and soft tissues
- Educate patients on aftercare and answer questions
- Growth and development opportunities
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Transgender health care
- Domestic partner benefits
- Flexible spending account
- Vacation, sick, and personal time
- Birthday holiday (paid day off)
- Paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) with generous match
- Group and supplemental life insurance
- Short and long term disability insurance.
- Paid parking / bus pass (depending on location)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Graduate from an accredited dental school with D.D.S. or D.M.D. degree
- License to practice dentistry from the State of Wisconsin
- D.E.A. license
- National Provider Identifier Number
- CPR Certification
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Has an Insurable Driving Record
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the HIV/AIDS patient population, and/or an eagerness to learn about this community.
- A commitment to high quality patient relations in all aspects of the delivery of dental care and operations of a dental clinic.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- A commitment to teamwork to build comprehensive systems of care and support for people with HIV/AIDS.