Registered Dental Hygienist
POSITION TYPE: Dentistry
SPECIALTY UNIT: Registered Dental Hygienist
LOCATION: Green Bay, WI
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
Pay Rate: $38- $42 hourly!
*CAN BE FULL TIME OR BETWEEN 2-4 DAYS PER WEEK*
We are seeking a highly skilled Dental Hygienist who would like to work with an innovative company offering top compensation and benefits. The Hygienist Promotes dental health by completing dental prophylaxis; providing oral cancer screening and radiographic studies; charting conditions of decay and disease; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act.
- Prepares patient for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming, soothing, seating, and draping patient
- Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains from teeth and from beneath gum margins
- Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling and visually examining gums; using probes to locate periodontal disease and to assess levels of recession; exposing and developing radiographic studies
- Arrests dental decay by applying fluorides and other cavity- preventing agents
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drugs and oxygen supply, and directory of emergency numbers
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and postoperative instructions, providing reminders of time of next dental hygiene visit
- Documents dental hygiene services by recording vital signs and medical and dental histories; charting in patient records
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Growth and development opportunities
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Transgender health care
- Domestic partner benefits
- Flexible spending account
- Vacation, sick, and personal time
- Birthday holiday (paid day off)
- Paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) with generous match
- Group and supplemental life insurance
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Paid parking / bus pass (depending on location)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Current Registered Dental Hygienist License (R.D.H.) in State of Wisconsin
- Certified in Administration of Local Anesthetic
- Valid WI Driver’s License and Access to Insured Vehicle
- Current CPR Certification
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the HIV/AIDS patient population, and/or an eagerness to learn about this community.
- Ability to work with a diverse patient population.
- Strong communication skills.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English).