Dental – Lab – Dental Technician – Denture- Removable Manager
POSITION TYPE: Dental – Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Dental Technician Senior – Denture
LOCATION: Auburn, New York
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
To perform and manage daily digital/analog operations of Implant cases throughout the lab. From inbound QC, implant model making to Doctor communications, scanning, contouring and stain and glazing.
Generally, a Senior Technician will fabricate only one type of dental prosthetic appliance (i.e., a Senior Technician who fabricates a denture appliance does not have the knowledge or experience to fabricate a crown, bridge, or cast partial appliance, and vice versa). Furthermore, the fabrication process for each appliance differs and has many steps, and a Senior Technician will generally have knowledge in most or all of the steps in that process but will specialize in only one or two advanced level steps.
- Plan the appropriate setup and operation of various laboratory tools and ensure proper quantities of raw material inventory is on hand for fabrication of appliances.
- Inbound Quality control of the Implant Impression. Verify that everything is included in the case that is needed for fabrication of the Implant Restoration.
- Communicate with the Clinician if issues arise with the case.
- Read prescription forms or specifications from customers and examine dental models or impressions from customers to determine the design of the appliance to be fabricated
- Scan appliance into lab management database which tracks technician’s work performed and amount of time spent fabricating each appliance
- Create a Soft-tissue model of the customer’s patient’s mouth by pouring plaster into the dental model or impression allowing plaster to set.
- Fabricate, alter or repair the specified appliance according to customer’s instructions on the prescription form.
- Test appliance for conformance to specifications and accuracy of occlusion, using articulators and micro-meters.
- Place appliance on apparatus that mimics bite and movement of patient’s jaw to evaluate functionality of appliance
- Scan appliance into lab management database upon completion of designated fabrication tasks assigned to technician and place appliance in designated area for the next step in the fabrication process
- Competitive salary
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Paid time off for full time employees
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum one to two years specialized training in dental technology
- Certified Dental Technician (CDT) certification preferred but not required
- Minimum five to seven years fabricating dental prosthetic appliances
- Requires manual dexterity, strong attention to detail and good spatial and visual perception
- Requires flexibility and adaptability to meet laboratory demands
- Ability to communicate with customers regarding technical ramifications and appliance designs
- Willingness to follow safety rules when operating hand tools
- Ability to work with limited supervision