Senior Dental Lab Technician / Denture
POSITION TYPE: Dental – Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Skilled Denture Technician
LOCATION: Indiana – Suburb of Louisville, KY
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
Salary: Hourly-depending on experience
- BASIC FUNCTION
Performs work on routine cases, as well as the most difficult production tasks, usually specializing in one or two advanced level tasks in the production of dental prosthetic appliances.
· Education – High school degree or equivalent, with 1 to 3 years specialized training in dental technology.
· Experience – 5 to 10 years similar experience.
· Skills and Abilities – Manual dexterity, attentiveness to detail, good spatial and visual perception.
· Physical Requirements (As presently performed to accomplish the essential functions) – Lifting normally under #10 pounds, work usually performed in sitting posture.
· Mental and Other Noteworthy Requirements – Demands attentiveness to detail, good hand and finger dexterity.
· Must exercise judgement in mixing, molding, shaping, heating, and polishing various materials to achieve desired color and form.
· Receives limited supervision.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – (*Indicates any peripheral function)
Most of the following tasks:
· Preparatory – Box and pour impression, trim models, set and seal bites, and articulate
· Set-Up – Select and set-up teeth
· Waxing- Waxes dentures for try-in and/or for finish
· Process – Invest and boil-out, packing
· Finishing -Finish and contour dentures, polish dentures
· Service – Relines, repairs, occlusal rims, and/or custom trays
· Other – Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.*
Area is clean shop environment with some grinders, ovens, burners, boiling water and steamer.
Hand pieces, Articulators, Steamer, Grinders, Safety goggles, Bunsen Burners, Ovens, Tongs
- MUST BE RELIABLE
- MUST BE WILLING
- MUST DO QUALITY WORK