POSITION TYPE: Dental Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Cad- Cam Manager
LOCATION: Rochester, NY
JOB TYPE: Full Time
Salary: 85K – 105K
Do you want to work in a State-of-the-Art Laboratory where your professionalism is appreciated? Here, you will work in a specific role with an exciting opportunity for growth.
You can’t beat this city’s beautiful location! It offers affordable housing, with excellent suburbs and some of the best-ranked schools in the country.
If your experience and the requirements below fit your background, this could be the opportunity you’ve always wanted.
● Develop, coordinate, and enforce systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards to improve efficiency in the department.
● Monitor team performance, including the quality of designs and accuracy of manufactured parts.
● Develop CAD/CAM team to maximize efficiency
● Oversee the quality of designs created by the CAD/CAM team
● Ensure designs and manufactured parts are accurate and meet doctor specifications
● Create and implement processes to improve efficiency in the department
● Train team leads and new designers
● Track production of the department to ensure goals are being met
● Track the use of and order supplies as needed in conjunction with the Inventory Manager
● Assist with Research and Development projects
● Assist with the design of complex cases
● Run and maintain equipment including but not limited to light manufacturing CNC milling machines, 3D printers, computers
● Work with CAD/CAM software and technology including but not limited to 3Shape, ExoCad, and Meshmixer.
● Troubleshoot basic issues with CAD programs
● Ongoing professional development to expand knowledge and skill set
● Other duties as assigned
● Excellent communication skills and motivational abilities
● Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities
● Time management, prioritization, and the ability to meet deadlines
● Ability to work independently and collaboratively
● Excellent attention to detail, and organizational skills
Education and Experience:
● At least 2 years of management experience
● At least 5-7 years of dental laboratory experience as a CAD/CAM laboratory technician
● Experience with the following software programs: 3Shape, Exocad, Meshmixer and other desktop scanners and software
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferred
● CDT degree, preferred
● Organizes and oversees the work schedules and assignments of CAD/CAM team members.
● Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
● Hires and trains new team members.
Short and long-term Disability
Company profit sharing
PTO, Sick time, Holidays