Dental – Lab Dental Technician – Ceramist
POSITION TYPE: Dental Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Dental Technician – Ceramist
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
Salary: 30-35 per hour (Bonus structure)
As a dental technician you will be responsible for helping to improve teeth and for replacing lost teeth. You will improve teeth for aesthetic reasons, and work to the prescription of a dentist to make bridges, crowns, and dentures. Able to layer porcelain – custom ceramic layer -Understands custom shades – Understand different materials on the market.
- Assessing and adjusting for accurate fit of crown & bridge dental prosthesis on a model, including contact, margins, and contour.
- Builds up all types of ceramic cases including large bridges, implant cases, all ceramic crowns, inlays, on lays, and veneers.
- Completes build ups, contours to specifications of all types of light cured restorations.
- Hand stacking of porcelain for aesthetics.
- Applying the full spectrum of tooth shades to the specifications and matching existing teeth.
- Applying final glaze layer and overseeing the accurate firing of the product at each stage required.
- Stain and glaze of all types of restorations
- Competitive salary
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Paid time off for full time employees
- Team Player
- Certification as a Registered Dental Technician.
- Five years of experience in dental technology, CAD design experience a plus.
- Must possess effective oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel in a professional and effective manner.
- Must have a thorough understanding of porcelain pressing technology, crown morphology, and crown and bridge case design.