POSITION TYPE: Dental Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Removable – dental technician
LOCATION: Charleston, SC
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
Salary: 23-27 per hour(depending on experience)
This company is looking for a Denture/ Removable Prosthetic Dental Technician with exceptional skills, who knows how to effective and efficiently work independently and in a team environment. Our lab places a huge emphasis on teaching and improving our technicians skill set. We believe in ongoing training for our employees because when they are better, our company is better.
- Responsible for the quantity and quality of all department work and for maintaining labor-to-sales ratio.
- Responsible for attending periodic management meetings and providing oral and written reports on departmental activities as required.
- Responsible for assuring that the department is adequately staffed to handle the production workload during holiday, vacation and personal leave periods.
- Responsible for assigning and distributing all case work – including to the Supervisor of Implant Dentures.
- Responsible for assisting all technicians as required to ensure quality and on-time delivery of all implant denture products. Technical work includes:
o Pouring models
o Tooth selection
o Articulating models
o Fabricating implant born bite blocks/jigs
o Setting up full and partial dentures and implant over dentures
o Casting, spruing and investing
o Metal finishing
o Soldering and laser welding of bars and substructures
- Responsible for inspecting all finished work prior to release from the department.
- Responsible for the physical layout, organization and maintenance of the department, including all department equipment.
- Responsible for monitoring all departmental activities and for identifying new processes and/or associated equipment and/or additional training to seek continual improvement of departmental operations.
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring, and training employees.
- Responsible for appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Competitive salary
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Paid time off
- Long term disablility
- .Must be able do set up very well.
- 5 or more years related experience and/or training in a dental lab (6 or more in Implant Dentures).