POSITION TYPE: Dental Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: CERAMIST
LOCATION: about an hour North of Santa Barbara, California
JOB TYPE: Full Time
Salary: $25-$45/hour plus monthly bonuses incentive on quality & production
If you are a ceramist with at least 5/7 years of experience and looking for a solid long-term work/career, providing continuing education and growth opportunity.
Live in a quiet town in central California, an area with a mild climate, beautiful coastline, Mediterranean architecture, and laid-back ambiance surrounded by vineyards.
Affordable housing 1 hour from Santa Barbara.
Don’t miss applying for this opportunity to Join a high-end esthetic lab producing quality restorations for world-class dental professionals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Finishing of porcelain veneers, zirconium, and lithium disilicate crowns and bridges.
- Read, interpret, and design restorations from Doctors’ prescription forms, Doctor preferences, and evaluator notes on the work ticket. Ask questions as needed to complete the case to the client’s specifications.
- Interface with various support personnel to assure case success (e.g., Technical Consultants, Quality Assurance Technicians, and Designers).
- Verify the accuracy of tooth dimensions and occlusion of teeth, using micrometer and fully adjustable articulators.
- Ensure that proper anatomy, margin, color, contact, and occlusion are achieved.
- Responsible for facial cutback layering of porcelain, contouring, and glazing anterior and posterior high-end lithium disilicate Lumineers and LumiZir restorations.
- Review and approve wax-ups and designs, as appropriate, for a case’s production.
- Maintain product quality standards with an internal unit rejection rate of 2% or less.
- Understand prosthetic principles with functional movements and occlusion.
- Ceramist should be oriented on how to handle dental implant cases, full arch screw retained cases or single crowns.
- Follow case production schedule to maintain on-time case completion per the work ticket finish date and Doctor’s due date.
Education and/or Experience
Dental Technology degree from a college or technical program preferred; five to seven years related experience in the fabrication of porcelain veneers, crowns, bridges, inlays/onlays required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be competent in anterior porcelain layering and contouring in addition to having a clear understanding of functional esthetics. Previous experience with any system-pressed porcelain and/or quality assurance is a plus.
Complete benefits package, including:
- Life, 401(k) with matching,
- 10 paid company holidays, vacation and sick time, bereavement, EAP, and employee discounts.