POSITION TYPE: Dental Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: CERAMIST
LOCATION: about an hour North of Santa Barbara, California
JOB TYPE: Full Time
Salary: $25-$45/hour plus monthly bonuses incentive on quality & production
If you are a ceramist with at least 5/7 years of experience and looking for a solid long-term work/career, providing continuing education and growth opportunity.
Live in a quiet town in central California, an area with a mild climate, beautiful coastline, Mediterranean architecture, and laid-back ambiance surrounded by vineyards.
Affordable housing 1 hour from Santa Barbara.
Don’t miss applying for this opportunity to Join a high-end esthetic lab producing quality restorations for world-class dental professionals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform high-level, front-end operations of the fabrication of porcelain fused to metal (PFM) crowns, full cast crowns (gold), metal-based bridges, zirconium crowns, and lithium disilicate crowns.
- Read, interpret, and design pressed porcelain restorations from Doctors’ prescription forms, Doctor preferences, and evaluator notes on the work ticket. Ask questions as needed to complete the case to the client’s specifications.
- Interface with various support personnel to assure case success (e.g. Technical Advisors, Consultants, Quality Assurance Technicians, Waxers, and Designers).
- Review and approve the work of Waxers, Designers, and Model Workers, as appropriate, for a case’s production.
- Verify the accuracy of tooth dimensions and occlusion of teeth, using a micrometer and articulator, and complete final fitting and glazing as required.
- Ensure proper anatomy, margin, color, contact, and occlusion are achieved.
- Maintain product quality standards with an internal unit rejection rate of 2% or less.
- Fit and finish Lumineers to the case model at a quality standard rate.
- Follow case production schedule to maintain on-time case completion per the work ticket finish date and Doctor’s due date.
- Keep the work area organized and clean with all tools and supplies stored in their proper places at end of the work shift.
- Adhere to company and departmental policies and procedures, including safety and security measures, and ISO 9001 work instructions.
Education and/or Experience
Certificate as CDT from college or technical school; and three to five years related experience in the fabrication of porcelain laminates, crowns, bridges, inlays, onlays, and metal finishing is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience with any system-pressed porcelain and/or quality assurance is a plus.
Complete benefits package, including:
- Life, 401(k) with matching,
- 10 paid company holidays, vacation and sick time, bereavement, EAP, and employee discounts.