Registered Dental Hygienist
LOCATION: Nashville, TN
JOB TYPE: Part-Time
Pay Rate: $40-52/hr
We are seeking a highly skilled Dental Hygienist who would like to work with an innovative company offering top compensation and benefits. The Hygienist Promotes dental health by completing dental prophylaxis; providing oral cancer screening and radiographic studies; charting conditions of decay and disease; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act.
- Prepares patient for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming, soothing, seating, and draping patient
- Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains from teeth and from beneath gum margins
- Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling and visually examining gums; using probes to locate periodontal disease and to assess levels of recession; exposing and developing radiographic studies
- Arrests dental decay by applying fluorides and other cavity- preventing agents.
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drugs and oxygen supply, and directory of emergency numbers
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and postoperative instructions, providing reminders of time of next dental hygiene visit
- Documents dental hygiene services by recording vital signs and medical and dental histories; charting in patient records
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Bonus Pay
- Free CE courses!
- License/Certification: Registered Dental Hygienist Required
- Recommending dental hygiene products
- Use of Dental Technology, Dental Health Maintenance, Infection Control, Health Promotion and Maintenance