Dentistry – Oral Surgeon
POSITION TYPE: Dentistry – Clinical
SPECIALTY UNIT: Oral Surgeon
LOCATION: Chicago, IL and Aurora IL
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
Oral Surgeons are healthcare specialists that treat a range of conditions affecting the hard and soft tissues of the face, mouth, jaws, and neck. They analyze medical charts, perform surgeries of the oral and maxillofacial regions, and consult with other healthcare specialists as needed.
We are seeking a highly skilled Oral Surgeon to diagnose patients and treat various conditions affecting the oral and maxillofacial regions. Responsibilities include performing emergency and scheduled treatments, maintaining patient records, as well as providing suitable after-care instructions and recommendations.
To be successful as an Oral Surgeon, you should be compassionate towards patients and able to handle stressful situations. Ultimately, an outstanding Oral Surgeon should have excellent hand-eye coordination as well as demonstrate exceptional communication and problem-solving skills.
- Performing biopsies to determine whether tumors or growths are cancerous.
- Administering local, regional, or general anesthetics to patients before surgeries.
- Surgically removing tumors and abnormal growths of the oral and maxillofacial areas.
- Adjusting patients’ jaws to provide increased functionality, comfort, and symmetry.
- Removing impacted wisdom teeth and buried dental roots.
- Performing reconstructive surgery to treat congenital defects, structural abnormalities, and injuries.
- Preparing patients’ mouths for dental implants.
- Collaborating with various healthcare specialists to create suitable treatment plans for patients.
- Informing patients of their diagnoses and discussing appropriate treatment options with them.
- 2 days at Chicago Location and 2 days at Aurora Location
- 40% collections
- 4 sedation certified assistants
- 8-10 surgeries per day 10-12 consults
- Annual earning potential $500k-$750K
- Extractions of all kinds, particularly 3rds. Implants, bone grafts, a lot of sedation cases
- Private off-street parking for Chicago location
- 90% Medicaid
- Most of patient base is from the Hispanic community, assistants and front desk are bilingual
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry (DMD).
- Certified by The American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Appropriate state licensure.
- Proven experience working as an Oral Surgeon.
- The ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Patient and empathetic.