POSITION TYPE: Dental – Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Department Manager REMOVABLE
Location: LAS CRUCES, CA
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Salary: 100K + bonus + full benefit package
Primary Responsibilities for DENTAL LABORATORY MANAGER REMOVABLE DEPARTMENT
- Manages and maintains staff by selecting, orienting, and training team members
- Makes hiring decisions in accordance with standard operating procedure.
- Provide leadership and supervision of all aspects and functions in the Removable Department, ensure product quality, profitable unit sales growth, and overall team development.
- Works closely with the General Manager and collaborates with other Department Leaders to manage overall lab productivity in meeting Company goals.
- Coordinates the efforts of team members to ensure that workflow, productivity and quality requirements are met.
- Champions effective communication between all departments, skill groups and team members. Creates a positive work environment in which team members can succeed.
- Optimizes workload balance between department and team members. Has good working knowledge of all department work functions.
- Stays current on customer service issues with clients and relates back to managers and team members to resolve issues effectively.
- Can personally perform all QC functions in the department.
- Schedule and lead meetings with the team on a consistent basis.
- Handles customer calls as needed.
- Participates in Company sponsored training and meetings (as required) and participates and presents at dental meetings as required.
- Be a resource for budget planning, working with General Manager to develop and maintain budgets.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong teamwork skills to be able to work closely with others within the Removables team, as well as positive interaction with other laboratory team members, maintaining a positive customer focus, both internally and externally.
- High Familiarity with dental laboratory procedures, processes and terminology.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, and high level of follow-up to ensure department goals are met.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to coach, mentor, and train team members.
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative, self-motivation and assertiveness.
- Must perform duties independent with minimal direction and supervision.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- A Certified Dental Technician (CDT) certification or 10 years broad dental lab technical experience including work with complex and combination cases is preferred
- 5 years’ experience applying supervisory skills with direct supervision of others, preferably in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- 5 years of direct leadership experience is preferred