POSITION TYPE: Dental – Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Technical Manager
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Salaries are DOE. Determined when we see a resume and interview.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the flow of day to day of our laboratory operations.
- Clinically support our clients taking technical calls, answering technical questions and case planning
- Communicate clear instructions to team members, and management.
- Provide any training that team members need.
- Monitor team members participation to ensure the training is put into use and determine if any additional training is needed.
- Listen to team members’ feedback. Develop a strategy the team will use to reach its goal
- Hold daily team huddles
- Create reports to update the management on the team progress
- Distribute reports to the appropriate personnel
- Demonstrates knowledge of procedures and a strong working understanding of oral biology, tooth and root anatomy.
- Ensures that all materials and processes are used in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations and procedures.
- Oversees the appropriate application of materials and techniques used in the manufacturing process.
- Provides production support as needed to meet manufacturing schedules.
- Pro actively participates in the development, documentation, training and implementation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Have complete knowledge and practice of our Employee manual and the employment policies mandated by state and federal laws as they relate to employment policies, discrimination, harassment, workplace safety and HIPPA requirements.
- Actively supports the management in achieving progress toward the accomplishment of Quarterly and Annual goals.
- Consistently provides performance feedback to team members through regular counseling, coaching and timely completion of scheduled Performance Reviews.
- Implements on-going training programs to assure technical competence of all departmental staff.
- Collaborates with owners and management to manage team production to achieve increasingly efficient manufacturing results.
- Assures production is completed according to established production processes and NADL standards.
- Assures that all team work is completed according to client Rx and documented preferences
- Oversees the effective implementation and maintenance of team QC, assuring that QC happens at every production step, minimizing rework.
- Oversees appropriate maintenance, repair and replacement schedules for all equipment.
- Maintains supply and material inventories at appropriate levels to assure uninterrupted work-flow, and good cost management.
- Effectively manages staff schedules to maximize productivity while appropriately managing labor costs including overtime.
Sick Pay, Holidays and Vacation, Vision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K