POSITION TYPE: Dental – Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Dental Technician Ceramist
Location: Waco, TX
Reports to: General Manager
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Salary based on experience 60K – 70K
General Description of Function:
Responsible for building, contouring, and stain/glazing of esthetic anterior and posterior restorations including layered porcelain, monolithic zirconia and lithium disilicate in a productive environment.
Read and review all paperwork on each case for correct information including prescriptions and specifications received from the dentist. Clarify questions with the supervisor.
- Confirm that all items needed are present and in suitable condition
- Choose correct porcelain
- Build/Contour to correct anatomical contour, blend and occlusion
- Fire at correct temperature
- Add on when necessary
- Steam clean required items
- Place units back onto dies, back onto models
- Return items to proper pan
- Complete cases according to work ticket schedule, notify supervisor of late cases
- Scan and initial cases as required
- Follow all safety rules and regulations as well as standard operating procedures
- Perform tasks at one primary work station
- Manipulate small items and hand tools
- Operate a sandblasting unit as well as a steam cleaner
- Custom Shading
- Perform/Document routine scheduled Preventative Maintenance of equipment
- Participate in Company sponsored training and meetings as required
- Support and incorporate Apex Mission, Vision and Core Values
- Clean work area daily
- Perform other duties as required and assigned
Skills and Abilities Required
∙ Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
∙ Stay organized and manage work based on work tickets, Dr. preferences and due dates.
∙ Ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing work environment.
∙ Ability to meet assigned production levels, quality standards and timelines.
∙ Excellent hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity, and depth perception
∙ Ability to pay close attention to details.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- CDT preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience