POSITION TYPE: Dental – Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Manufacturing Supervisor
Location: Baltimore, MD
JOB TYPE: Full-time
The Company: full-service state-of-the-art dental labs which offer a complete range of leading-edge dental products. Our labs represent a perfect balance between innovative technology and traditional methods. We are the leader in state-of-the-art cosmetic and restorative dentistry, and our labs are committed to providing you with the best, most up-to-date products, and services.
Position Overview: We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Manufacturing Supervisor to lead a team of 12 dental technicians in our reputable dental laboratory located in Baltimore, Maryland. As a Manufacturing Supervisor, Fixed, you will play a crucial role in overseeing the production process, ensuring quality standards are met, and fostering a collaborative and efficient work environment. Your expertise in sound manufacturing processes, leadership, and organizational skills will contribute to the success of our laboratory operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supervision and Leadership: Lead and manage a diverse team of dental technicians by providing guidance, training, and mentorship. Create a positive work environment that encourages teamwork, innovation, and professional growth.
- Production Oversight: Monitor the daily manufacturing operations to ensure products are produced efficiently and within established timelines. Coordinate with the team to meet production targets while maintaining high-quality standards.
- Quality Control: Implement and enforce quality control procedures to ensure all products meet industry regulations and customer specifications. Conduct regular inspections and collaborate with technicians to address any quality issues.
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities for process optimization and efficiency enhancements. Propose and implement strategies to streamline workflows, reduce waste, and improve overall productivity using Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Resource Management: Manage inventory levels of raw materials and supplies required for production. Collaborate with procurement to ensure materials are available when needed to avoid production delays. Manage point-of-use inventory on the lab floor for your department.
- Training and Development: Provide training to new technicians and ongoing skill development for the existing team. Stay updated with industry trends and advancements to incorporate best practices into the laboratory’s processes.
- Safety Compliance: Enforce workplace safety protocols and ensure technicians adhere to safety guidelines. Promote a culture of safety awareness and accident prevention.
- Collaboration: Liaise with other departments, such as customer experience, sales, and shipping to ensure open communication and alignment of production with customer demands.
- Reporting: Maintain accurate records of production activities, quality assessments, and performance metrics. Generate regular reports for management review and provide insights and recommendations based upon analyses.
General Job Duties:
- Supervise and coordinate the work of 12 dental technicians to ensure efficient production.
- Perform hands-on tasks alongside the team, when necessary, especially during peak production periods.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and provide solutions to minimize disruptions in production.
- At least 5 years working as dental technician in fixed and implant department.
- Proven experience in a manufacturing setting with a proven track record of improving quality, delivery, and customer service.
- Prior experience in a supervisory or leadership role, demonstrating effective team management and communication skills.
- Knowledge of dental laboratory processes, materials, and techniques.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities. Experience in Lean Manufacturing is highly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency in relevant software applications and technology used in manufacturing. Ability to learn new software easily. Moderate proficiency in MS Excel.
- Display enthusiasm and a positive attitude – you approach challenges with a can-do spirit and inspire others with your positive energy.
- Take initiative – you quickly and accurately identify roadblocks, rally your resources, provide options to our partners, and execute unafraid to ask questions.
- Autonomous leaner – you can think, act, and pursue your studies independently; you’re motivated to learn about the dental lab space.
- Excellent written and verbal communication – you understand that communication is key in preventing and turning around a subpar poor experience. Excellent communication is precise, clear, compelling, and personable.
- Organized with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Receiving feedback is important to you – you know that coaching, feedback, and direction are delivered with good intention and necessary to grow and level-up in the organization.
- Able to be flexible – you can easily shift priorities and manage your time effectively.
- Diplomatic – you take care to weigh outcomes, think about your response, manage realistic expectation.
our company culture is all about keeping it real. We totally get that work is just one part of life, so we make sure our employees have plenty of time to kick back and enjoy themselves. But don’t get us wrong – we take our work seriously too! We believe that every person on our team brings something unique to the table, and we love celebrating that individuality. Plus, we’re all about teamwork – we know that we’re stronger together than we are alone. And we show our team members how much we appreciate them with frequent employee appreciation events. At Leixir, we believe that when our employees are happy and valued, we all win!