POSITION TYPE: Dentistry
SPECIALTY UNIT: Dental Assistant – Level II
LOCATION: Cary, NC
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent, 4 days a week
Hours: Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Dental Career Services is helping a stunning private practice hire a Level II Dental Assistant. Cary Family Dental is looking for a dedicated, positive, team player to add to their team. If you are someone who is passionate about your work and loves working with children and adults, this position is perfect for you!
- Applies pit and fissure sealants
- Applies interim therapeutic restorations
- Take and document patient dental history and updates, as well as overall health and medication history
- Assist dentist by handling supplies and instruments as requested
- Prepare tables and trays for dentist with necessary instruments and supplies
- Clean and sterilize instruments, and prepare treatment rooms as needed
- Take high-quality digital radiographs
- Perform patient charting as instructed by the dentist
- Welcome patients and get them situated in the appropriate treatment room
- Assist the doctor with all dental procedures and patient charting
- Take high-quality radiographs
- Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance
- Follow all OSHA and BBP (Blood borne Pathogen) federal guidelines
- Assist hygienist(s) when requested
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive Health and Dental benefits
- Uniform allowance
- Cover license renewal fee if applicable
To perform expanded functions under the direct supervision of a licensed dentist in North Carolina, one must be classified as a DA II. To qualify as a DA II, one must:
1. Hold a current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification, AND
2a. Successfully complete a CODA-accredited dental assisting program or one academic year or longer in a CODA-accredited dental hygiene program, or
2b. Pass the national DANB Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) exam, or
2c. Complete a 3-hour course in sterilization and infection control and complete a 3-hour course in dental office emergencies and, after completing these courses and Item (1) above, receive training in any dental delivery setting and perform the functions of a Dental Assistant II under the direct control and supervision of a licensed dentist.
To qualify to perform coronal polishing, a DA II must:
1. Complete a course in coronal polishing identical to that taught in a CODA-accredited dental assisting program, or by a licensed North Carolina hygienist or dentist lasting at least seven clock hours and meeting content requirements established by the North Carolina Board, before using a slow speed handpiece with rubber cup or bristle brush attachment.
To qualify to monitor patients under nitrous oxide, a DA II must:
1. Successfully complete a North Carolina Board-approved seven-hour course in nitrous oxide-oxygen conscious sedation.