POSITION TYPE: Dentistry
SPECIALTY UNIT: Registered Dental Hygienist – RDH
LOCATION: Denver, CO
JOB TYPE: Full-Time or Part-time
Pay Rate: 50-55/hour
We are seeking a highly skilled Dental Hygienist who would like to work with a team-oriented practice that focuses on building long lasting relationships with our patients. The RDH promotes dental health by completing dental prophylaxis; providing oral cancer screening and radiographic studies; charting conditions of decay and disease; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act.
Full Time or Flexible Part Time Opportunity
Work/Life Balance – No weekend work!
Paid training with follow-up support by hygienist helping hygienist.
Beautiful, modern, and state-of-the-art equipment, fully digital practices, that include scanners and intra-oral cameras.
Comprehensive Health Package that includes:
401K with company match
Free CE’s and Hygiene Study Club opportunities
Health Saving Account
Flexible Spending Account
Loyalty rewarded through work-life balance.
PTO (Paid Personal Time Off)
- Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains from teeth and from beneath gum margins.
- Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling and visually examining gums; using probes to locate periodontal disease and to assess levels of recession; exposing and developing radiographic studies.
- Arrests dental decay by applying fluorides and other cavity- preventing agents.
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drugs and oxygen supply, and directory of emergency numbers.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and postoperative instructions, providing reminders of time of next dental hygiene visit.
- Documents dental hygiene services by recording vital signs and medical and dental histories; charting in patient records.
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- License/Certification: Registered Dental Hygienist Required
- CPR Certification
- Local Anesthesia and Nitrous certification