POSITION TYPE: Dental Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: CAD CAM DESIGNER 3D SCANNING
LOCATION: Sarasota, FL
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
Reports to: The CAD Scan Technician will report to the CAD supervisor.
The CAD Scan Technician is responsible for providing scanning support to facilitate the
fabrication of dental restorations. Responsible for scanning models into 3D system for design
work and running 3D printers for dental models and appliances.
A successful CAD Scan Technician has great attention to detail, Proficiency in scanning models,
design dental CAD full contour crowns, bridges and implant abutments.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Review prescription and supporting documents.
• Evaluate models to ensure accuracy of articulation and bite.
• Evaluate models to verify adequate occlusal and incisal clearance or if reduction coping is
• Able to produce artistic and esthetic designs using CAD
• Use CAD software to scan models and die for design.
• Evaluate to ensure accuracy and quality of scans.
• Update lab specific database.
• Able to understand and train the techniques involved in milling and sintering Zirconia.
• Perform routine maintenance of equipment based on maintenance schedule.
• Keep the work area clean and organized.
• Willing to advance skills set and knowledge in order to grow with the company
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Advanced knowledge in dental anatomy and terminology
• Experience in a dental laboratory is a plus.
• Proficient in dental anatomy and terminology.
• Ability to read cursive writing.
• Must have computer skills
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment.
• Critical thinking
• Communication skills, as you will be working with technicians and doctors to produce a
• Organization as it relates to case management
Full-time, hourly, opportunity that includes: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and PTO.