POSITION TYPE: Dental Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Dental Technician – Cosmetic Ceramist
LOCATION: Vancouver, BC – Canada
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
The fastest-growing full-service Dental laboratory in British Columbia is seeking an experienced talented Dental Technician to join our team.
As a dental technician, you will be responsible for helping to improve teeth and for replacing lost teeth. You will improve teeth for aesthetic reasons, and work to the prescription of a dentist to make bridges, crowns, and dentures.
- Assessing and adjusting for an accurate fit of crown & bridge dental prosthesis on a model, including contact, margins, and contour.
- Builds up all types of ceramic cases including large bridges, implant cases, all-ceramic crowns, inlays, on lays, and veneers.
- Completes build-ups, contours to specifications of all types of light-cured restorations.
- Hand stacking of porcelain for aesthetics.
- Applying the full spectrum of tooth shades to the specifications and matching existing teeth.
- Applying the final glaze layer and overseeing the accurate firing of the product at each stage required.
- Stain and glaze of all types of restorations
- Competitive salary
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- Certification as a Registered Dental Technician.
- Five years of experience in dental technology, CAD design experience a plus.
- Must possess effective oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel in a professional and effective manner.
- Must have a thorough understanding of porcelain pressing technology, crown morphology, and crown and bridge case design.