POSITION TYPE: Dental – Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Dental Technician Fixed Quality Control
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
Full-Service Dental Laboratory. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, 401k with employer match, paid time off, and more.
Summary of Position:
Responsible for ensuring Fixed quality control, implementing our laboratory Vision, ensuring safety and laboratory/doctor communications, establishing a Fixed remake unit percent of 4.5% or less, assisting in setting standards of production, training, and supervising.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews all incoming Fixed cases prior to planning the fabrication process.
- Determines accuracy and completeness of enclosed submitted materials (evaluates impressions, models, bites, occlusion, esthetics, etc…) as well as prescription legibility, instruction, and customer due date requests.
- Contacts all customers (internal and external), including but not limited to clarifying work order requests or correcting quality issues, along with potential case time/delivery conflicts.
- Responsible for acting upon both placed and received phone calls.
- Promptly documents through data entry all discussions and prescription changes with notational updates in Jenmar system with the customer concerning who, what, when, and where pertaining to case specifics, histories, and returns.
- Does not take incoming calls unless responding directly as a follow-up to a previously placed incoming quality related phone call.
- If case meets minimum quality standard guidelines, acts as the convening authority, and initiates the fabrication process by distributing the work equitably to department personnel.
- Routinely consults with General Manager, and department leaders as necessary to resolve laterally related fabrication issues and/or complex cases.
Education and Experience:
- Education – High school diploma or equivalent, with 1-3 years specialized training in dental laboratory technology.
- Experience – Must have a minimum of 5 years dental laboratory experience.
- Skills and Abilities – Manual dexterity, attentiveness to detail, good spatial and visual perception, and an ability to create teamwork amongst team members.
- Physical Requirements – (As presently performed to accomplish the essential functions) lifting normally under 10 pounds.
- Mental and Other Noteworthy Requirements – Demands good attention to detail as well as excellent organizational and customer service skills.
- Assists GM and department leaders with other tasks as directed. Consults with customers chairside on occasion if necessary or feasible.