POSITION TYPE: Dental – Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Laboratory
Manager Removable Department
LOCATION: Rochester, NY
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
Family-owned Full Services prosthetic
laboratory since 1993 offers a wonderful environment to work with the latest in
materials, computer software, milling technology, and 3d printer.
If you are ready to work in a beautiful city Up State NY with affordable houses, with an established laboratory are now open the position for a Lab Manager in the removable department of 13 people.
The Denture’s and Partial’s Department Manager is responsible for direct oversight and daily operation of the Denture’s and Partial’s Departments. The position is responsible for managing all departmental staff, production and fabrication processes, quality control, cost control, including but not limited to, cost of goods, labor costs, gross margin, rework costs, and department profit contribution. The Denture’s and Partial’s Department Manager shall operate within company protocols and under the direction of the Laboratory Leadership Team.
- Direct and coordinate activities of all staff including but not limited to, designers, laboratory technicians, general workers, polishers, packers, finishers, etc., that are involved in the fabrication and production of Denture’s and Partial’s prosthetics.
- Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes. Manage staff, preparing work schedules, and assigning specific duties.
On an annual basis complete a Performance Evaluation for each member of the department staff and review the evaluation with each individual.
- Manage staff activity as it relates to models, trim, dies, framework, bites, set up, polishing, finishing, case evaluation, quality control, rework, plaster mold/models, metalwork, porcelain, etc.
- Review department financial statements, customer sales reports, and workflow activity reports (Labtrac), and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement as it relates to the Denture and Model Room. Develop and execute growth, profit, product sales, branding, and technology strategies that are aligned with the vision and operational objectives of ownership.
- In accordance with company’s equipment maintenance policies, ensure that all equipment is kept in good and safe working order. Ensure that equipment is used in a manner is used is compliance with any and all manufacturer instructions and/or recommendations, as well as any regulatory requirements (i.e. OSHA, FTC, FDA, etc.).
Conduct monthly department meetings with all department staff to reinforce expectations, review department performance, introduce new policies and/or procedures, provide basic training, and to allow input from department staff.
- Collaborate with the lab leadership team, other Department Managers, and/or outside vendors selected by our Dental Laboratory to enhance and expand the company’s digital initiatives
- Communicate regularly by telephone, email, and/or “in-person” with all identified and/or assigned customers and sales prospects, as needed or as directed by the President.
SKILLS AND OTHER SPECIFICS:
- Minimum 2-year college degree, preferably in a business-related discipline, or commensurate experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in the dental laboratory as a Senior Supervisor of a Crown & Bridge, Production Manager and Department Manager,
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and excellent public speaking presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, moving quickly and effectively between competing goals.
- Exceptional case analysis, decision-making skills, demonstrating a high level of judgment.
- Demonstrated strong PC skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, WebEx and CRM.
- Self-starter, highly organized, and the discipline and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Competitive Salary
- Full benefit package
- Relocation assistance
- The position is a full-time exempt position and the typical workweek is Monday – Thursday, Between the hours of 5:00 AM – 5:00 PM and Friday, 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM.
- Occasional evening, overnight and weekend hours may be required based upon the need of the company.