POSITION TYPE: Dental – Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Dental Technician Denture
LOCATION: Rochester, NY
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
Family owned Full Services prosthetic laboratory since 1993 offer a wonderful environment to work with the latest in materials, computer software, milling technology and 3d printer.
If you are ready to work in a beautiful city Up State NY, affordable houses with an established laboratory is now open the position for a Denture Technician in the removable department of 13 people.
The primary responsibility of the Dental Laboratory Technician is to participate in the fabrication process of high-quality denture prosthetics, dental molds and models, including pouring, trimming, polishing, etc. Design cases fitting doctor’s prescription request, using software CAD/CAM and printing technology or analog techniques while operating within company protocols and under the direction of the Department Manager
- Read prescriptions or specifications, and examine models and impressions, in order to determine the design of dental products to be constructed.
- Fabricate, alter and repair dental devices such as denture and partial devices.
- Place tooth models on the appliance or articular that mimics bite and movement of patient’s jaw to evaluate functionality of models.
- Test appliances for conformance to specifications and accuracy of occlusion using articulators and micrometers.
- Melt alloys or mix plaster or acrylic pastes; and pour materials into molds or over frameworks in order to form dental prostheses or appliances.
- Remove excess metal and polish surfaces of prostheses or frameworks, using polishing machines.
- Create a model of patient’s mouth by pouring labstone into a dental impression and allowing stone to set.
- Build and set denture teeth using small hand instruments and information from observations or dentists’ specifications.
- Apply wax over prosthesis frameworks or setups, using instruments and spatulas.
- Prepare wax bite-blocks and impression trays for use.
- Contour wax over denture set-ups in order to form the full aspects of artificial gums.
- Rebuild or replace linings, wire sections, and missing teeth in order to repair dentures or partials.
- Shape and solder or weld wire and metal frames or bands for dental products using soldering irons, laser welders, and hand tools
- Document activity and time in CDL Labtrac Dental Laboratory Software to ensure that all information that is relevant to a particular case is in the system for use by other CDL departments, and/or customers.
- Maintain a clean and uncluttered work area and participate in the preventative maintenance, cleaning, and filling of equipment used (i.e. Sand Blasters and Steamers).
- Cross-train in all departments and positions in the lab
SKILLS AND OTHER SPECIFICS:
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Time Management and coordination — Managing one’s own time and the time and coordination of work in the department.
- Equipment Selection — Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, moving quickly and effectively between competing goals.
- Self-starter, highly organized, and the discipline and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Near Vision — The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer)
- Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Information Ordering — The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Arm-Hand Steadiness — The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Education – High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Ability to follow, understand and apply operational and technical instructions
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, must possess team-building skills, and communicate with all other departments throughout the organization.
- Ability to identify and problem solve independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and complete them by following strict timelines.
- Must be willing to continue education with C/E events and seminars.
- Experience with 3shape, Exocad, and other desktop scanners and software required.
- Experience with 5 Axis Milling units
- Associates degree or equivalent is preferred (not required)
- Competitive Salary
- Full benefit package
- Relocation assistance
· The position is a full-time exempt position and the typical workweek is Monday – Thursday, Between the hours of 5:00 AM – 5:00 PM and Friday, 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM.
Occasional evening, overnight and weekend hours may be required based upon the need of the company.