POSITION TYPE: Dental Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Supervisor – Implant Dentures Department
LOCATION: West Berlin, NJ
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
The Supervisor of the Implant Dentures Department is a working supervisor and is expected to assume full responsibility for BOTH the quantity and quality of the products produced in the department. As a team leader and decision maker, the supervisor is expected to provide assistance and motivation to the lab technicians as required to ensure that the quantity and quality goals are achieved.
The Supervisor of Implant Dentures is responsible for and assists with all activities in the department as they relate to the development of hybrid or fixed removable restorations and CAD/CAM substructures. Activities and responsibilities include but are not limited to, case assignment, the quality inspection of all finished goods, pouring models, tooth selection, articulating models, fabricating implant born bite blocks/jigs, setting up full and partial dentures and implant over dentures, casting, spruing and investing, metal finishing, soldering and laser welding of bars and substructures and polishing.
· Responsible for the quantity and quality of all department work and for maintaining labor-to-sales ratio.
· Responsible for attending periodic management meetings and providing oral and written reports on departmental activities as required.
· Responsible for assuring that the department is adequately staffed to handle the production workload during holiday, vacation and personal leave periods.
· Responsible for assigning and distributing all case work – including to the Supervisor of Implant Dentures.
· Responsible for assisting all technicians as required to ensure quality and on-time delivery of all implant denture products. Technical work includes:
o Pouring models
o Tooth selection
o Articulating models
o Fabricating implant born bite blocks/jigs
o Setting up full and partial dentures and implant over dentures
o Casting, spruing and investing
o Metal finishing
o Soldering and laser welding of bars and substructures
· Responsible for inspecting all finished work prior to release from the department.
· Responsible for the physical layout, organization and maintenance of the department, including all department equipment.
· Responsible for monitoring all departmental activities and for identifying new processes and/or associated equipment and/or additional training to seek continual improvement of departmental operations.
· Responsible for interviewing and hiring, and training employees.
· Responsible for appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Competitive salary
· Direct Deposit
· Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
· Paid time off
· Associates Degree required.
· Ten or more years related experience and/or training in a dental lab (6 or more in Implant Dentures).
· CDT is desirable.
· To perform this job successfully it is desirable, but not mandatory that an individual have minimal knowledge of some dental lab database software (Labnet preferred).