POSITION TYPE: Dental Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Crown & Bridge Supervisor
LOCATION: West Berlin, NJ
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
The Supervisor of the Crown and Bridge (C&B) Department is a working supervisor and is expected to assume full responsibility for BOTH the quantity and quality of the products produced in the department. As a team leader and decision maker, the supervisor is expected to provide assistance and motivation to the lab technicians as required to ensure that the quantity and quality goals are achieved.
The Supervisor of C&B is responsible for and assists with all activities in the department including but not limited to, case assignment, the quality inspection of all finished goods, the production of crowns and bridges, the production of Captek crowns and bridges, the production of CAD/CAM copings, the production of implant related products and waxing, finishing and cleaning operations.
· Responsible for the quantity and quality of all department work and for maintaining labor-to-sales ratio.
· Responsible for attending periodic management meetings and providing oral and written reports on departmental activities as required.
· Responsible for assuring that the department is adequately staffed to handle the production workload during holiday, vacation and personal leave periods.
· Responsible for assigning and distributing all case work – including to the Supervisor of C&B.
· Responsible for assisting all technicians as required to ensure quality and on-time delivery of all crowns and bridges. Technical work includes:
o Design & production of crowns, partial crowns and bridges
o Die preparation & waxing metal
o Metal Finishing
o Soldering & investment
o Casting & investment
o Implant jig creation
o Implant metal abutment waxing
o Implant metal abutment finishing
o Implant soldering & investment
o Implant casting & investment
o Laser welding
o Captek fabrications & repairs
· Responsible for inspecting all finished work prior to release from the department.
- Responsible for the physical layout, organization and maintenance of the department, including all department equipment.
- Responsible for monitoring all departmental activities and for identifying new processes and/or associated equipment and/or additional training to seek continual improvement of departmental operations.
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring, and training employees.
- Responsible for appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Competitive salary
· Direct Deposit
· Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
· Paid time off
· CDT Certification preferred
· Ten or more years related experience and/or training in a dental lab (8 or more in Crown & Bridge).
· Associate Degree (business or management) is desirable.
· To perform this job successfully it is desirable, but not mandatory that an individual have minimal knowledge of some dental lab database software (Labnet preferred).