Dental – Clinical – Orthodontist Assistant
POSITION TYPE: Dental – Clinical
SPECIALTY UNIT: Orthodontist Assistant
LOCATION: Tarzana, CA
JOB TYPE: Part-Time Permanent (Tues-Thurs)
We are looking to hire an experienced orthodontic dental assistant to assist the orthodontist with initial patient consults and regular check-ups. The orthodontic dental assistant’s responsibilities include taking directions from the orthodontist, cleaning and polishing patients’ teeth before the installation of braces and removing patients’ braces upon completion of orthodontic treatments. You should also ensure that the necessary orthodontic instruments and tools are on hand during patient appointments.
To be successful as an orthodontic dental assistant, you should have good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity to ensure the safety of patients during orthodontic procedures. Ultimately, an exceptional orthodontic dental assistant should be able to demonstrate patience as well as excellent organizational and communication skills.
· Maintaining accurate records of patients’ oral health histories and treatment progress.
· Ensuring that all orthodontic instruments and equipment are properly sterilized before each use.
· Keeping patients’ mouths dry during orthodontic procedures by using a suction hose as needed.
· Taking intraoral X-rays of patients’ mouths.
· Taking photographs of patients’ teeth to aid the Orthodontist in developing treatment plans and to document patient progress.
· Taking dental molds of patients’ teeth for the fabrication of customized mouthguards and retainers.
· Removing and replacing wires, coil springs, donuts, and elastic bands.
· Educating patients on proper oral hygiene practices and braces aftercare.
· Competitive salary
· Direct Deposit
· Paid time off
· Associate degree in dental assisting.
· Certified as an orthodontic assistant by the Dental Assisting National Body (DANB).
· Licensed to provide orthodontic assistance.
· CPR certification.
· Proven experience working as an orthodontic dental assistant.
· Sound knowledge of various orthodontic procedures and practices.
· Good manual dexterity.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Effective communication skills.