POSITION TYPE: Dental Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Dental Technician – Fixed Model & Die Trim
LOCATION: Memphis, TN
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
Fixed Die Trimming Technician is required to read, comprehend, and fill the prescription provided by the dentist. The instructions on the prescriptions are used in conjunction with the impression of the patient’s mouth to replicate life-like tissue through use of stone, wax, metal, ceramics, and other approved materials.
Fixed model room technician is required to read, comprehend, and follow the prescription provided by the dentist and instructions contained in team policies. The instructions on the prescription (Rx) are used in conjunction with the impression of the patient’s mouth to replicate life-like restorations utilizing dental alloys, zirconia, lithium disilicate, and/or other approved materials. Technician demonstrates knowledge of basic tooth anatomy, terminology, and thorough understanding of dental impression materials and dental stones. Technician must be able to work independently, with teams, and with supervision. An understanding of basic occlusal schemes (how a patient bites) is necessary to evaluate and correct discrepancies when attaching poured casts on articulators. An articulator is a mechanical hinged device used in dentistry to which plaster/stone casts of the maxillary (upper jaw) and mandibular (lower jaw) are attached, reproducing some or all the movements of the upper and lower jaw. Casts are the positive reproduction of a patient’s teeth and surrounding tissues obtained from a dental impression.
The technician works directly with dental stones specially formulated for this industry. The technician will use proper grinding tools as necessary along with magnification. Die trimming under magnification helps to provide clear margin preparation and is essential in providing accuracy of fit for crowns or other types of restorations. It also provides a quality control for both the impression, and the model at this critical juncture of the fabrication process. Technician will ensure all casts and dies are of proper dimensions to meet mandatory, minimum clinical guidelines for material functionality, harmony, esthetics, and patient comfort. All completed die trim cases will meet doctor/lab standards and preferences.
· Read the Rx.
· Problem solves discrepancies.
· Think independently and critically.
· Make decisions.
· Ask questions when uncertain.
· Follow oral and written instructions/directions.
· Ability to complete assigned workload as needed.
· Follow all current and future policies and procedures.
· Properly use all instruments and equipment.
· Be able to work independently and in teams.
· Keep work area organized free of debris and clutter.
· Utilize proper cleaning techniques and infection control practices.
· Utilize, conserve, and order supplies according to policies set in place.
· Competitive salary
· Direct Deposit
· Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
· Life Insurance
· Great Work Environment
· Associate Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
· Six months to one-year related experience.
· Ability to critically read and write effectively.
· Must be able sit for long periods of time.
· Dental knowledge is required.
· A positive attitude with a willingness to learn.
· Good communication skills.