POSITION TYPE: Dental Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Implant Technician
LOCATION: Tampa, FL
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
To have the ability to recognize the different implant systems and componentry associated with them. Assemble appropriate components to facilitate the fabrication of soft tissue models. Select proper components and prepare as needed for each particular case according to PTC designs and methods, company standard operating procedures. Competently document the appropriate forms for data entry to generate cost estimates and laboratory work tickets. Have the ability to perform all related tasks both with partial frameworks and full dentures as they relate to implant-involved cases. Work closely with internal customers, understand their requirements, and ensure that all specifications are being met.
· Review Rx in detail; inspect work coming and going to ensure all quality standards and client requests are being met.
· Meet daily target of all cases received each day for soft tissue fabrication and staying on task for all other procedures within 30 days of starting position.
· Complete implantology procedures by fabricating prostheses to fit implants the dentist places directly into the patient’s jawbone.
· Produce all PTC designs using PTC methods.
· Design and communicate as necessary with clients the recommended protocols for each case.
· Troubleshoot with internal and external customers any issue that may be presented.
· Anodize abutments as required.
· Support for incoming technical questions, requests, and case consultation needs on implant cases.
· Ability to select correct implant packages and products
· Ensure that work is complete and meets all PTC, quality, and standard operating procedures.
· Keep the work area free of debris, clean and ensure that the work area is cleaned at the end of the day.
· Utilize equipment safely, practice a conservative approach with materials, and do not be wasteful.
· Keep internal and external remakes below 3%, review remakes when necessary, make appropriate changes in procedures to improve in order to meet the quality standards.
· Continuously improve both productivity and quality of the product.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Implant Technician reports to the Department Manager. The technician will work on all implant-related applications, including any removable associated cases within the department, and subscribe only to PTC method and company standard operating procedures. At times a T-6 level technician is given cases that require a lot of communication between all people involved with the case. Such cases require more time due to their complexity. On the days that such cases are presented, they will be evaluated individually to determine whether daily target values will be adjusted. The incumbent must be active within the department as he/she communicates on a daily basis on ongoing defects, issues related to a quality specification, and internal and external customer requirements.
The technician is an overall experienced position and requires consistent productivity and quality. The technician is required to sit at a workbench for long periods of time and do detailed work, must have good communication skills in interacting with others within the department, and must be able to have flexible work hours.
· A CDT or dental technology degree is desirable or equivalent with a minimum of 6 years experience in the dental lab industry.
· Good hand/eye coordination and dexterity required.
· Knowledge of dental anatomy, PTC methods and procedures, and a full understanding of the company’s quality and standard operating procedures.
· Skills in training and coaching and overall supervising.
· The incumbent must interact well with others and identify defects, issues and barriers.
· He/she must accept identified defects/issues related to their work, make positive changes to correct and communicate ongoing in order to seek continuous improvement within the department.