POSITION TYPE: Dental Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Dental Lab Manager
LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
- The Dental Lab Manager will be responsible for day to day operations of the laboratory ensuring quality, efficiency and cost of goods control. This role is focused on implementation of the organization’s overall initiatives. With less than 50 employees, the organization requires an hands-on, interactive professional that’s great with people, problem solving and has practical experience in crown and bridge fabrication ideally in an aesthetic lab environment.
• Supervision of all departments to ensure production goals are met • Analyze remake reports to discover and correct internal and external remake issues (materials & technicians)
- Managing employee schedules, overtime and vacation requests to ensure adequate coverage
- Work with Scheduling department to appropriately balance the needs of the lab, clients and ceramists
- Staffing of all departments including recruiting efforts, interviewing, negotiating compensation and onboarding with the goal that each employee has clear expectations and appropriate training
• Annual evaluations of key production employees
• Corrective action in accordance with employee handbook and HR policies.
• Managing cost of goods, materials excluding metals to be within 8% of sales
• Account Specialist management- handle escalation of client issues/complaints and determining re-assignment if necessary.
• Support Production Manager in optimizing performance of a departments with asset time management, equipment optimization, and shift management
• Research and testing of new materials to reduce costs or improve quality, aesthetics or efficiency
• Forecasting of lab staffing and training needs based on trends in digital implementation, prescribed materials and marketplace
• Supports QA/QC duties for vacations, sickness etc.
• Collaborate with CFO on capital expenditure plan for equipment or software purchase and facility maintenance.
• Point person on lab management software updates, features and reporting including managing permissions, employee access etc.
• Institute policies and protocols that further the success of the lab and contribute to our employees
– Bachelors and/or equivalent experience in areas of responsibility as outlined above – Demonstrates effective communication and leadership skills focused on empowerment of a high performance self managed team.