Dental Lab Technician
POSITION TYPE: Dental Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Dental Technician
LOCATION: Boston, MA
Pay: $23.00 – $25.00 hr
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
Summary of Position:
If you are someone with great attention to detail who likes working with computers and has good manual dexterity, we are looking for you. Any dental experience or 3D printer experience is a plus. Digital dentistry is the future – you can be part of it now!
Pouring and 3D laser scanning of stone models for both the Restorations and Surgical Guide teams. Assist Certified Dental Technicians in the Restorations Department.
To fabricate dental prosthetic appliances from customer prescription forms and to repair such devices per customer orders. Dental prosthetic appliances consist primarily of full and partial dentures, crowns, bridges, full and partial cast partials, and assorted orthodontia devices (splints, veneers, etc.).
· Job consists of 3D Diagnostics, Model Scanning and Impression pouring.
· Plan the appropriate setup and operation of various laboratory tools and ensure proper quantities of raw material inventory is on hand for fabrication of appliances.
· Read prescription forms or specifications from customers and examine dental models or impressions from customers to determine the design of the appliance to be fabricated.
· Scan appliance into lab management database which tracks technician’s work performed and amount of time spent fabricating each appliance.
· Create a model of the customer’s patient’s mouth by pouring plaster into the dental model or impression allowing plaster to set.
· Fabricate, alter, or repair the specified appliance according to customer’s instructions on the prescription form.
· Test appliance for conformance to specifications and accuracy of occlusion, using articulators and micro-meters.
· Place appliance on apparatus that mimics bite and movement of patient’s jaw to evaluate functionality of appliance.
· Scan appliance into lab management database upon completion of designated fabrication tasks assigned to technician and place appliance in designated area for the next step in the fabrication process.
· Maintain a neat and clean workspace to prevent workplace damage and minimize potential for injury.
· Competitive salary
$ $100 Vaccination Bonus (if proof provided at start day)
* Knowledge of dental laboratory terminology.
* Knowledge of dental laboratory tools and equipment.
* Experience mixing plaster to pour dental models.
* Excellent computer skills.
* Ability to pour plaster or stone models of edentulous and partially edentulous cases.
* Ability to organize the work of an assigned work unit.
* Experience scanning models is a plus.