POSITION TYPE: Dental Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Experienced Denture technician
LOCATION: Irwin, PA
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
Our team is growing, and we are seeking to fill a number of key positions within our organization including this Skilled Dental Laboratory Technician removable.
Hourly compensation is negotiable and will be determined by skill proficiency and experience.
The regular hours for this position are from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday, and are subject to change from time to time.
This is a full-time position featuring employee benefits including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; paid holiday, vacation, and sick time; 401K and tuition reimbursement!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions of the Position:
- Read the prescription and all additional paperwork to establish the doctor’s preferences. If there are any questions or discrepancies, see the manager.
- Select denture teeth from tooth stock per doctor’s specifications
- Mark model for outline of restoration
- Create base plates
- Create aesthetic control bases
- Create bite rims
- Set denture teeth on fully edentulous cases
- Set denture teeth on partially edentulous cases
- Review final work and check completely that all quality standards have been met before passing the work to the next technician
- Keep work area clean
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Good hand-eye coordination, good manual dexterity, excellent perception skills, and the strong ability to pay close attention to details.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve, using past experience and success to gauge best steps on future cases.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Required: High school diploma or GED equivalent
- This technician has a minimum of 3 years of experience and is skilled in one or more of the skills associated with a Removable Dental Laboratory Technician.