POSITION TYPE: Dental Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Dental Laboratory Technician – Full-Time Crown& Bridge Supervisor
LOCATION: Albuquerque, NM
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
Our team is growing, and we are seeking to fill a number of key positions within our organization including this opportunity in Albuquerque, NM for a Full-Time Crown & Bridge Supervisor.
The regular hours for this position are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and subject to change from time to time.
This is a full-time position featuring employee benefits including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; paid holiday, vacation, and sick time; 401K with company contribution; and tuition reimbursement!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions of the Position:
- Manage and maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training team members; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; and developing personal growth opportunities for team members.
- Communicate job expectations; plan, monitoring, and appraise team members; coach, counsel, and discipline team members; develop, coordinate, and enforce systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Maintain quality service by enforcing quality standards; analyzing and resolving quality problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements.
- Work with laboratory leadership to develop and maintain budgets.
- Follow up on all customer complaints to ensure the issues identified are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction and use as an opportunity to coach team members.
- Ensure department is properly equipped to train new technicians when appropriate.
- Monitor growth, profitability, and service of the department.
- Handle escalated phone calls and assist and troubleshoot technical issues presented by accounts.
- Assist with production if needed due to personnel shortages.
- Actively participate and share ideas for improvement that will positively shape the relationship the laboratory has with customers.
- Individually responsible for continued learning in-depth product knowledge, staying current with laboratory and industry product and technology updates.
- Ensure the responsible use, safety, and care of equipment. Ensure preventive maintenance requirements are met and that the work area and that of the department are kept clean.
- Participate in Company-sponsored training and meetings as required.
- Support and incorporate NDX’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values into daily endeavors.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment.
- Must have computer skills including typing and familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Verbally communicate with all levels of staff, leadership, and customers maintaining a positive demeanor and nurturing teamwork.
- Train to be familiar with Performance Management processes, Project Management, Coaching, Quality Management, and Developing Standards.
- Must be a results-driven individual.
- Understand the importance of, and has the ability to, foster teamwork. Ability to promote and maintain a positive work ethic and good character to team members.
- Demonstrate initiative.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong professional, ethical and personal integrity.
- Read and interpret prescriptions and other required documentation.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information.
- Must perform duties in an independent manner with minimal direction and supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidential employment and business information.
- Ability to listen and assess situations, providing possible solutions and feedback for consideration.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Required: High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Required: Production and/or Manufacturing experience.
- Preferred: Experience in management of processes and team members in a dental environment.
- Preferred: Certified Dental Laboratory Technician (CDT).
- Preferred: Customer Service experience.