POSITION TYPE: Dental Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Dental Laboratory Technician – Fixed Full-Arch Training Specialist
LOCATION: Fenton, MO
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
We are seeking to fill a key position within our organization including this opportunity in Fenton, MO for a Full-Time Technical Training Specialist (Fixed Full-Arch).
The salary hours for this position are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and subject to change from time to time.
This is a full-time position featuring employee benefits including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; paid holiday, vacation, and sick time; 401K with company contribution; and tuition reimbursement!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions of the Position:
- Assist in preparing training materials such as practice elements, presentations worksheets, terminology, and vocabulary lists for trainees in all departments.
- Train new and existing Team Members using existing and new material, in partnership with appropriate supervisors and managers. Develop and maintain training metrics in association with supervisors and managers.
- Become proficient in the use of all existing training material, including PTC methods. Work with department leaders to have a complete understanding of correct methods of production and efficiency.
- Assist in the evaluation of trainees in the above areas in accordance with quality, capability, and production goals set in conjunction with leaders.
- Develop good professional relationships with department Managers and Supervisors, assess team member training needs, and work with department Managers and Training Manager to establish training and career plans for Team Members.
- Assist Level I technicians in learning the techniques needed to attain Level II status.
- Assist Level II technicians in learning the techniques needed to attain Level III status by cross-training into another area.
- Assist technicians needing to improve techniques in the primary technical areas to reach greater proficiency and productivity.
- Use personal knowledge to help with difficult cases and procedures in the lab, in conjunction with area management.
- Independently keep abreast of new products and techniques, bringing awareness of them to the management team and being prepared to help implement them, as decided by management team.
- Continuously improve training materials and techniques, based upon Team Member experience and results.
- Serve on project teams as necessary to support continuous improvement initiatives.
Technical Skills and Competency:
- Extensive experience in all areas of advanced fixed production; including analog/ digital, prep, design (using 3 shapes), milling, contour & finishing all restorations.
- File management, retrieving & reading CT scans/ IOS model scans, case planning, and designing “guided” surgical guides (using 3 shapes).
- Evaluation of Full Arch/ Implant Supported cases for correct VDO, bites including CR & CO.
- Competent in preparing, assembly & finishing of full arch cases using ceramics and nanoceramics, including but not limited to Trilor, Trinia and Crystal Ultra.
- Extensive experience in assembly, troubleshooting, and fit of full-arch framework, metal & non-metal.
- Serve as an advocate for the introduction of new technology, automation, materials, or methodology that maintains an environment of innovation.
Professional Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent communication skills
- Great ability to lead and participate in teams
- Teaching ability, as shown by student achievement
- Ability to begin and complete valuable projects with some oversight
- Good knowledge of dental technology, and dentistry in general, and ability and willingness to continually expand that knowledge.
- Alignment with General Manager on laboratory and department goals