Registered Dental Hygienist
POSITION TYPE: Dentistry
SPECIALTY UNIT: Registered Dental Hygienist
LOCATION: Saratoga, CA
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
We are seeking a highly skilled Registered Dental Hygienist to join our outstanding team. The RDH will treat periodontal disease, provide preventative care, and patient education.
- Provide periodontal scaling and root planning, oral prophylaxis, coronal polish.
- Complete periodontal assessment prior to treatment
- Expose radiographs, intraoral images, digital scan (if needed)
- Assist dentist with co-diagnosing and be actively involved in treatment planning process.
- Perform intraoral and extraoral exam to detect abnormalities and oral cancer screening
- Arrests dental decay by applying fluorides and other cavity- preventing agents
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drugs and oxygen supply, and directory of emergency numbers
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and postoperative instructions, providing reminders of time of next dental hygiene visit
- Documents dental hygiene services by recording vital signs and medical and dental histories; charting in patient records
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level
- Medical insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Pay
- Relocation assistance -if necessary
- License/Certification: Registered Dental Hygienist Required
- Local Anesthesia/N2O
- New Grads Welcome