POSITION TYPE: Dental Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Experienced Denture Technician
LOCATION: Grand Rapids, MI
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
Our team is growing, and we are seeking to fill a number of key positions within our organization including this Skilled Dental Laboratory Technician removable.
The regular hours for this position are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m, Monday through Friday, and are subject to change from time to time.
This is a full-time position featuring employee benefits including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; paid holiday, vacation, and sick time; 401K and tuition reimbursement!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions of the Position:
- Read the prescription and all additional paperwork to establish the doctor’s preferences. If there are any questions or discrepancies, see the manager.
- Select denture teeth from tooth stock per doctor’s specifications
- Mark model for outline of restoration
- Create base plates
- Create aesthetic control bases
- Create bite rims
- Set denture teeth on fully edentulous cases
- Set denture teeth on partially edentulous cases
- Review final work and check completely that all quality standards have been met before passing the work to the next technician
- Keep work area clean
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Good hand-eye coordination, good manual dexterity, excellent perception skills, and the strong ability to pay close attention to details.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve, using past experience and success to gauge best steps on future cases.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Required: High school diploma or GED equivalent
- This technician has a minimum of 5 years of experience and is skilled in one or more of the skills associated with a Removable Dental Laboratory Technician.