Registered Dental Hygienist
POSITION TYPE: Dentistry
SPECIALTY UNIT: Registered Dental Hygienist
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
Pay Rate: $38-45/hour
No Evenings-No Weekends-Summers Off!
Our school-based mobile dental company is seeking a Registered Dental Hygienist in Chicago (Cook County) to help provide dental services to the children within those schools.
The practices we service primarily focus on children who suffer from poor hygiene and who may also not have easy access to dental care. We truly believe in the importance of this mission and would welcome you as part of the team…and the children in our Illinois schools will too!
- Active RDH License
- Working experience as a Dental Hygienist
- CPR or BLS certification
- Works well with children
- Ability to work well on a small team and in a fast-paced environment
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and willing to travel within the county
- Ability to lift and carry equipment for set-up and take-down (up to 50 lbs)
- Able to walk up flights of stairs on certain occasions, some schools may not have an elevator
- Completed COVID vaccinations
- TB testing (cost reimbursed)
- Fingerprint/back ground check
- Must be able to add Chicago Board of Education and City of Chicago to vehicle insurance (will be reimbursed for any additional cost incurred)
- Assist with oral health management of all patients-being a team player at all times
- Verify the identity of patient using name and date of birth prior to administering treatment, place your initials on the medical chart indicating that verification was made.
- Obtain oral health assessment of each patient [new-baseline; follow-up patient]
- Review medical history and other pertinent oral health information
- Provide oral hygiene services including dental prophylaxis scaling, sealant application and fluoride application consistent with accepted best practices and standards.
- Provide dental assistance as directed by the dentist
- Provide oral health education and individual counseling to each patient according to known oral health care practices (e.g. tooth brushing, flossing)+)
- Document provided dental services on the patient’s chart.
- Daily travel to and from school sites
- Evenings, weekends and summers off!
- Working a school day schedule (about 6 – 7 hours); on average between 8:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
- Benefit package (health, dental, vision)
- Travel Pay
- Unique work experience and flexible scheduling
- Competitive compensation
- State-of-the-art portable dental equipment
- Latest technology & digital radiography