POSITION TYPE: Dentistry – Clinical
SPECIALTY UNIT: Oral Surgeon
LOCATION: Chicago, IL / Aurora, IL
JOB TYPE: Full-Time or Part-Time Permanent
Oral Surgeons are healthcare specialists that treat a range of conditions affecting the hard and soft tissues of the face, mouth, jaws, and neck. They analyze medical charts, perform surgeries of the oral and maxillofacial regions, and consult with other healthcare specialists as needed.
We are seeking a highly skilled Oral Surgeon to join our growing team at our very well established practice in Chicago, IL and/or Aurora, IL. Responsibilities include performing emergency and scheduled treatments, maintaining patient records, as well as providing suitable after-care instructions and recommendations. We offer full benefits along with a very high earning potential and much much more! Dentist led NOT corporate driven!
- Performing biopsies to determine whether tumors or growths are cancerous.
- Administering local, regional, or general anesthetics to patients before surgeries.
- Surgically removing tumors and abnormal growths of the oral and maxillofacial areas.
- Adjusting patients’ jaws to provide increased functionality, comfort, and symmetry.
- Removing impacted wisdom teeth and buried dental roots.
- Performing reconstructive surgery to treat congenital defects, structural abnormalities, and injuries.
- Preparing patients’ mouths for dental implants.
- Collaborating with various healthcare specialists to create suitable treatment plans for patients.
- Informing patients of their diagnoses and discussing appropriate treatment options with them.
- Competitive salary
- Clinical Freedom and Treatment Autonomy
- Established and Growing Patient Foundation
- Medical benefits
- 401k with match
- Malpractice Insurance
- 1k in CE
- VERY BUSY schedule
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry (DMD).
- Certified by The American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Appropriate state licensure.
- Proven experience working as an Oral Surgeon.
- The ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Patient and empathetic.