POSITION TYPE: Dental Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Denture Supervisor
LOCATION: Fairway, KS
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
Our team is growing, and we are hiring a number of key positions within our organization including this for a Denture Supervisor.
This is a full-time position featuring employee benefits including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; paid holiday, flexible time off; 401K; and tuition reimbursement!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions of the Position:
- Manages and maintains staff by selecting, orienting, and training team members; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; and developing personal growth opportunities for team members. Determines staffing and capacity plan for department. Makes hiring decisions in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Provide leadership and supervision of all aspects and functions in the Removable Department, ensuring product quality, profitable unit sales growth, and overall team development. Communicates job expectations; develops team member goals, planning, monitoring, and appraising team members; coaching, counseling, and disciplining team members; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing quality standards; analyzing and resolving quality problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements.
- Works closely with the General Manager and collaborates with other Department Leaders to manage overall lab productivity in meeting Company goals.
- Coordinates the efforts of team members to ensure that workflow, productivity, and quality requirements are met.
- Champions continuous improvement activities to improve the performance of the Company. Reviews and updates standards for product quality ensuring consistency and predictability of final product and holds team members to those agreed-upon standards.
- Champions effective communication between all departments, skill groups, and team members. Creates a positive work environment in which team members can succeed.
- Optimizes workload balance between department and team members. Has good working knowledge of all department work functions.
- Manage the work systems and materials that produce products at the lowest possible cost while maintaining superior product quality.
- Stays current on customer service issues with clients and relates back to managers and team members to resolve issues effectively. Follow up on all customer complaints to ensure the issues identified are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction and use as an opportunity to coach team members.
- Can personally perform all QC functions in the department.
- Tracks and addresses remake issues and coordinate resolution on those issues with department managers and team members.
- Makes final determinations on hard rules for doctor preferences and standards.
- Schedule and lead meetings with the team on a consistent basis. Actively participates in all other leadership meetings.
- Performs final review and approval of team member time cards on Kronos in accordance with Time Off policies and procedures. Ensures the appropriate use of overtime and balances out overtime hours among individuals.
- Prepares and conducts team member performance appraisals, performance improvement plans, and disciplinary actions of all direct reports on a timely basis.
- Enforce company policies (safety, attendance, dress code, conduct, etc.) Oversight of attendance, and counseling team members approaching/reaching excessive levels to minimize the necessity of discipline.
- Monitor Kronos timecards documenting absences and final review and approval of team member timecards in accordance with Time Off and Attendance policies and procedures. Ensures the appropriate use of overtime and balances out overtime hours among team members.
- Ensures work areas and equipment are well maintained in compliance with safety guidelines.
- Handles customer calls as needed.
- Proactively solves technical issues that negatively impact customer service. Reach out to other NDX labs or manufacturers as necessary.
- Individually responsible for continued learning, in-depth product knowledge, staying current with laboratory and industry product and technology updates.
- Participates in Company-sponsored training and meetings as required, and participates and presents at dental meetings as required.
- Be a resource for budget planning, working with General Manager to develop and maintain budgets.
- Lead and participate in special projects as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- High level of oral and written communication skills to effectively deal with internal and external customers. Strong communication skills (one on one, and in group situations) to clearly articulate a specific issue, or solution, to a problem. Additionally, ability to convey concerns to individuals with diplomacy and clarity.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong teamwork skills to be able to work closely with others within the Removable team, as well as positive interaction with other laboratory team members, maintaining a positive customer focus, both internally and externally.
- High degree of familiarity with dental and laboratory procedures, processes, and terminology.
- In-depth knowledge of Company products, services, industry practices, and sales and marketing techniques.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, and a high level of follow-up to ensure department goals are met.
- Basic computer skills, typing, and understanding of CRM and Magic Touch system essential for communication throughout the organization. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to read and interpret Rx’s and other documents, such as procedure manuals.
- Ability to multi-task (time management), and focus to handle many duties and projects at a time in a fast-paced deadline sensitive, ever-changing environment to deliver desired results. Ability to think “on your feet’ and respond to issues that may present themselves.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems. Analytical thinking skills coupled with the open-mindedness to review and if needed, change the processes of the department to ensure the highest quality and efficiency standards are met.
- Ability to coach, mentor, and train team members.
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative, self-motivation, and assertiveness.
- Must perform duties in an independent manner with minimal direction and supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidential employment and business information. Model company core values of Complete Honesty and Trust, Mutual Respect, Total Commitment, Individual Accountability, and Open Two-Way Communication.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence utilizing Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to listen and assess situations, providing possible solutions and feedback for consideration.
- Ability to speak effectively with customers, and team members of the Company.
- Detail orientated to identify sub-standard work and diplomatically train for correction.
- Vision capabilities: depth perception, attention to detail, and/or color.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Required: High school diploma or GED equivalent. Prefer a college degree or business-related college courses.
- 5 years experience within the dental lab production environment, with 5 years experience managing and motivating teams.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office products.