POSITION TYPE: Dental Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Dental Technicians – Ceramist and Dentures
LOCATION: Branford, CT
Pay: $20.00 – $35.00 hr
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
Manage flow and productivity of team within the department. Ensure all technical procedures including work instructions are implemented within the department and when appropriate all PTC methods. Explore, create and expedite meaningful information regarding tracking and improving quality and productivity performance and communication. Manage all team-related employee performance issues, including training, performance reviews, and company incentives, disciplinary measures, and overall leading. Coordinating activity with direct reports and with other teams within the department. Maintain records of equipment utilization within the team. Meet and participate with other Team Leaders, make recommendations for improvement between teams. Overall ensure compliance of all customer requests and lab procedure authorizations, quality job standards, quality product standards, and Company policies and procedures.
1. Manage, direct, coach all direct reports within team.
2. Interact with other team leaders; deal with issues, defects, and case flow in an unambiguous way.
3. Coordinate all cases within team; ensure the quality of product and timeliness, utilize the company quality system of buy/sell, ensure that all tasks are scanned.
4. Directly manage all team employees, when instructed by Supervisor conduct performance reviews using Company review process, make recommendations for improvement.
5. Help in developing, better workflow, improved quality, PTC compliance.
6. Provide continuous training on work instructions, work with direct reports on skill-building and overall help them improve productivity.
7. Manage and monitor Company equipment. Take steps to ensure proper use and maintenance are applied. Update issues, make recommendations for improved technology, and overall ensure that all equipment is working at optimal levels.
8. Meet routinely on C.I.P., identify defects, lead to take corrective action, ensure that all identified defects have a resolution, interact when necessary to ensure action steps, and in general achieve meaningful quality results each year.
9. Meet daily unit targets set by the department supervisor for both personal and team productivity.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Team Leader reports directly to the Department Supervisor and is responsible for the maximum efficiency and productivity of production functions and communication. This position requires the Team Leader to do actual production work and lead others in the same tasks. The position is managerial and analytical, as it requires a complete understanding of department objectives, formulation of and analysis of critical data, managing volume production, and broad interpersonal skill the incumbent must be extremely knowledgeable in laboratory production and procedures and working knowledge of Porcelain procedures in order to properly meet objectives. The incumbent must maintain professional relationships with key personnel, team leaders, and managers and have dental laboratory knowledge to influence the development of broad Company strategies. This position is responsible for the improvement of the productivity and product quality and meeting all quality performance standards set by the Company. . The Team Leader is also responsible for the direct management of specific key and critical activities within the team as described by the Supervisor of the department. The incumbent is responsible for the execution of the Company performance review process within his/her team. Another responsibility is the proper utilization and maintenance of Company property.
A CDT degree is desirable or equivalent with a minimum of five years experience in the dental lab industry. The incumbent must possess sound business judgment and be able to constantly relate daily activities to maximize performance and quality results. Advanced dental technology skills are required to analyze finished products and ensure Company quality standards. The Team Leader must possess strong interpersonal skills, communication skills (oral and written), and diplomacy to effectively train personnel and influence team building. Maintain a productive business relationship with other team leaders and department Supervisors and influence internal management of procedures. This position requires strong organizational skills plus the ability to conceptualize evaluate and interpret the results of action taken. Knowledge of all OSHA regulations governing work safety and EEO is essential. Prior experience is required in Porcelain applications, PTC methods, bridgework, implant and attachments, and overall lab procedures. Strong computer skill is a benefit along with knowledge of Microsoft products.
Working under broadly defined objectives, the incumbent is confronted with varied situations requiring strong evaluative, interpretive, creative, negotiating, and interpersonal skills. Working with peers on ongoing issues is imperative and requires diplomacy and excellent communication skills. Effective utilization of time and people resources is essential to maximize productivity gains in the team. Establishing employee reasonable, training and appropriate performance objectives is necessary to ensure accomplishment of the incumbent’s objectives and responsibility in the assigned team.
Maintains and improves patients’ oral health by fabricating fixed and removable prostheses according to dentist prescriptions. Adheres to company standards and procedures.
Attention to detail, hard work, and the artistic talent of our team allow our products to stand out among our competitors.
· Replaces partial or total loss of natural teeth by constructing partial or full dentures (metal and non-metal)
· Corrects dental irregularities by manufacturing fixed or removable appliances.
· Completes implantology procedures by fabricating prostheses to fit implants the dentist places directly into the patient’s jawbone.
· Constructs prostheses by following the dentist’s prescription; making models of the mouth and teeth from impressions of the patient’s mouth taken by the dentist; building-up wax replicas of part or all of the mouth and/or teeth on the model; encasing the wax in a mold material and melting away the wax; replacing the wax with plastic, metal, or ceramic materials to make the replacement appliance; polishing and finishing the appliance prior to its being placed in the patient’s mouth by the dentist.
· Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
· Utilizes and conserves supplies and equipment by completing plaster casting, electro-spot welding, metal casting, metal polishing, wax modeling, ceramics, wire bending, electroplating, and sandblasting; using CAD/CAM units; maintaining supplies inventories; keeping equipment operating.
· Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes, implementing changes.
· Updates dental laboratory technician job knowledge and skills by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Serve as a critical team member, interact with others, and communicate defects to supervisor and other team members in an unambiguous manner. Act as team leader on occasion.
· Utilize equipment safely, practice a conservative approach with materials, and do not be wasteful
· Enhances dental laboratory reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Keep internal and external remakes below 3%, review remakes, when necessary, make appropriate changes in procedures to improve in order to meet the quality standards.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The incumbent must be extremely knowledgeable in laboratory production and procedures and working knowledge of removable appliance procedures in order to properly meet objectives.
· Minimum five to seven years experience in a full-time Removable Technician position is required
· Complete relines, repairs, and rebases using acrylic
· Ability to technically communicate with our doctors in a prompt and articulate manner is essential
· Must be able to multi-task and adapt to a growing, changing, and fast-paced environment
· Computer experience is preferred, we will train you on our computer programs
· Must be a team player, willing to contribute where needed with a great attitude
Working under broadly defined objectives, the incumbent is confronted with varied situations requiring strong evaluative, interpretive, creative, negotiating, and interpersonal skills. The ability to identify, analyze, interpret, and react to changing demand and business trends is critical in order to ensure optimal results and customer satisfaction. Effective utilization of time, cost center budget, and people resources is essential to maximize productivity gains in the department. Establishing employee reasonable and appropriate performance objectives is necessary to ensure accomplishment of the incumbent’s objectives and responsibility in the assigned department.