Position Type: Dentistry
Specialty Unit: Pediatric Registered Dental Hygienist
Location: Throughout the Baltimore, MD area
Job Type: Full time Permanent
We are looking for a dedicated Hygienist to provide in-school dental care to the underserved children throughout Baltimore, MD. We are devoted to the ideal that all children deserve high-quality dental care. Our innovative program treats kids in the familiar surroundings of their schools, bringing much needed dental care to kids who may not otherwise have access.
Full-Time- (4-5 days per week) with Benefits!
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) Qualifications:
• Must hold active RDH license
• Valid State ID, reliable transportation and a willingness to travel locally is a must
• Works well with others (both children and adults)
• Ability to work well in fast-paced environment; organized and detail-oriented; able to multi-task
• Must be able to carry up to 50 lbs.
• Current CPR (BLS) certification with hands-on live skills assessment
• Able to walk several flights of stairs on occasion as many schools are without elevators
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) Responsibilities:
• Assist with oral health management of all patients-being a team player at all times
• Verify the identity of patient using name and date of birth prior to administering treatment, place your initials on the medical chart indicating that verification was made.
• Obtain oral health assessment of each patient [new-baseline; follow-up patient]
• Review medical history and other pertinent oral health information
• Provide oral hygiene services including dental prophylaxis scaling, sealant application and fluoride application consistent with accepted best practices and standards.
• Provide dental assistance as directed by the dentist
• Provide oral health education and individual counseling to each patient according to known oral health care practices (e.g. tooth brushing, flossing)+)
• Document provided dental services on the patient’s chart.
• Daily travel to and from school sites
• Evenings, weekends and summers off!
• Working a school day schedule (about 6 – 7 hours); on average between 7:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
• Unique work experience and flexible scheduling
• Excellent benefit packages (varies by location and position)
• Competitive compensation
• State-of-the-art portable dental equipment
• Latest technology & digital radiography