Position Type: Dentistry
Specialty Unit: Dental Assistant
Location: Northfield, NJ
Job Type: Full time Permanent ?
Our office is seeking a Dental Assistant, preferably with an X-Ray license. The Dental Assistant is responsible for assisting the Dentist in rendering patient care, maintaining inventory control in the operatories where treatment is rendered by the Provider, and maintaining a professional and clean public area appearance. If you are self-motivated, professional, and interested in working in a growing company, then this position is for you!
- Assist the dentist in rendering patient care, maintaining inventory control in the operatories where treatment is rendered by the provider.
- Seats and prepares the patients for treatment
- Cleans operatory after treatment procedures
- Readies tray set-ups for procedures
- Exposes radiographs and mounts them appropriately
- Records patient vital signs on new patients and recalls
- Ensures consent for specialty services have required signatures and are placed in chart
- Schedules patient’s next appointment there at the chair.
- Logs off computer at the end of the day.
- Turn on the x-ray developer and adjust the level of chemicals (if applicable)
- Check all dental units and x-ray machines for proper working order
- Be sure that the following equipment is turned off at the end of the day: developer; nitrous and oxygen tanks; carpule warmers; compressor; suction units; x-ray machines; lights
Scope and Effect
- The Chairside Dental Assistant is instrumental in reducing stress levels for the Provider and the patient; reduction of these levels is directly related to the ability of the Chairside Dental Assistant to anticipate the needs of the Provider and the patient.
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Dental assisting: 1 year (Preferred)
- X-Ray Certification (Preferred)