POSITION TYPE: Dental – Clinical
SPECIALTY UNIT: Orthodontic Dental Assistant
LOCATION: Robbinsville, NJ (Other NJ Locations Available)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
JOB TITLE: ORTHODONTIC REGISTERED DENTAL ASSISTANT (RDA)
We are a Dental Practice devoted to providing patients with the personal attention and gentle care that they deserve. We are committed to providing employees a collaborative work environment with ongoing mentorship and training opportunities for their personal and professional growth.
We are currently seeking an experienced, and enthusiastic candidate to fill our Registered Dental Assistant position.
We would like to ensure that prospective candidates can rest assure that we are very committed to the health and safety of our staff and patients and that we are continuously improving our protocols during the COVID-19 pandemic. We offer above industry standard Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to all our staff members, enforce social distancing policies within staff and patient areas, ensure frequent disinfection of office and surfaces, and monitor staff and patient temperatures before they enter the office. We are actively adjusting our protocols to exceed minimum requirements from the CDC to ensure a safe and healthy environment for everyone.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Reporting directly to the Area Lead Assistant, the Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) performs a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties. The Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) works chair side making patients feel as comfortable as possible, prepares them for treatment, obtains their dental records, and instructs patients on post-operative and general oral health care.
Our staff work diligently to deliver quality care to our patients. They are the key to fulfilling our mission! Perks of being part of a team who is keen to their individual growth, our staff members can enjoy our unique benefits package including:
Orthodontic Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) responsibilities:
- Assist the Dentist during a variety of treatment procedures
- Set up and breakdown operatory post treatment
- Take, develop and mount dental radiographs (x-rays)
- Manage infection control – prepare and sterilize instruments and equipment
- Adhere to all OSHA and safety policies and procedures
- Provide patients with instructions for oral care following all dental treatment procedures
- Educate patients on appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health
- Perform various office tasks as necessary
- Fabricate temporary crowns in an amount of time that meets our efficiency standard
- All other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the immediate supervisor
Orthodontic Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) skills:
- Dental Assistant Certificate where state regulations specify
- RDA License where state regulations specify
- Dental assisting experience preferred
- Experience working in an Orthodontic Department
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Resume must demonstrate stable employment history
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package that should meet, if not exceed your expectations!
Orthodontic Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) Benefits:
- Full time employees can enjoy a competitive salary
- Ongoing training and support
- Positive work environment
· Competitive salary
· Additional Sick Time