BASIC FUNCTION- Prosthetics
The basic function of the Dental Technician is to create and design esthetically beautiful, well fitted dental prosthesis.
The dental technician is vested with authority to restore all cases that are placed on their benches, from case start to case completion, depending on the respective experience level.
The dental technician reports to the department Manager.
· To finish their cases as agreed upon with daily units and due dates.
· To assist in implementing department strategies.
· To promote the company image through the exercise of sound and ethical business practices.
· To decrease department remakes.
· To adhere to all company policies, procedures, standards, schedules, budgets, directives, regulations, etc.
· To conserve or enhance company assets.
The duties of the dental technician include but are not limited to:
· Attain annual goals and standards of performance which support the company long term goals.
· Work with the team to help implement strategies which attain the goals.
· Enhances dental laboratory reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
· Prepares prosthetic cases by following the doctor’s prescriptions.
· Utilizes and conserves supplies needed for case completion.
· Restores proper function and esthetics with each prosthesis
· Perform any other duties as needed.
MEASUREMENTS OF PERFORMANCE
· Customer satisfaction is excellent with remake percentages decreased.
· The value of company assets has been maintained or enhanced.
· Maintains 80% or more production percentage goal.
· Doctor prescriptions have been interpreted correctly.
· All work has been scanned for in the database.
· Communication has been effective and efficient.
· Individual goals are executed.
· The long term image and profitability of the company has been enhanced by the activities of the dental technician.