Position Type: Dentistry
Specialty Unit: Front Desk Admin/ Financial/ Schedule Coordinator
Location: Alexandria, VA
Job Type: Full time Permanent
Shift: Tuesday through Thursday 10:30am to 7:00 pm
Friday: 6:30am to 3:30pm
Every other Saturday 7:30am to 2pm
Our office is currently seeking a full time Orthodontic Technician to join our team. We are a state of the art orthodontic practice utilizing digital scanners and 3D printing technology. The practice is truly the future of orthodontics and is growing very quickly!
Front Desk Admin to transition to Financial/Schedule coordinator
The Insurance and Billing Coordinator is responsible for assisting patients with the processing of dental insurance claims and management of relationships with insurance carriers. Contacts insurance companies and patients regarding coverage determinations and outstanding balances. Researches and resolves insurance billing issues. Sets up any financial arrangements and collects payments from patients and insurance companies. Directs and ensures compliance of office personnel on company policy regarding collection procedures and practices.
· Insurance verification
· Filing insurance claims (initial claims, coc, consult codes)
· Follow Ups on Claims
· Entering payments (insurance, recurring)
· Setting up financials on Dolphin and starting treatment
· Knowledge of account balances / payments due
- Greeting patients professionally both in person and on the phone.
- Quickly answering or properly referring questions and issues.
- Optimizing provider schedules and patient satisfaction with efficient scheduling.
- Notifying providers of patient arrivals.
- Comforting patients by anticipating anxieties and effectively answering questions.
- Ensuring availability of treatment information by retrieving and updating patient records.
- Verifying insurance documents.
- Maintaining office inventory and equipment by anticipating supply needs and expediting supply orders.
- High school diploma required – Associates Degree preferred.
- Computer experience required – MS Office Software / Dentrix Software.
- Must be efficient in scheduling.
- Possess a professional and positive attitude and enjoys being around people.